QuasiMofo
QuasiMofo GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/31/18 12:29 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Gack. I tried.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/6/18 9:24 p.m.

Dragway 42 test and tune next Friday?  New tie rods and new front tires on way for Datsun 

Patrick
8/25/18 2:22 p.m.

October 13 8:30 am Hale farm bath ohio cars and coffee.  You have to rsvp for some reason, but if weather is good Colin and I should be there.  Have to put a 2nd seat in the car and make a little padding for my seat so I don’t die of tailbone death driving 25 minutes one way in a kirkey aluminum seat

https://www.wrhs.org/events/crawford-coffee-cars-october/

AxeHealey
AxeHealey GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/22/19 9:16 a.m.

All - I'm working with NEO SCCA to bring Rally-X to the Cleveland area. The first step is finding a location.

After talking with one of the guys that runs the Detroit program, it seems a motorsports facility is the easiest route but the private land angle can also work. We've started to put a list together but I thought it might be worthwhile to see if anyone here has ideas.

Any suggestion is helpful and appreciated!

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/22/19 9:36 a.m.

In reply to AxeHealey :

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/22/19 12:56 p.m.
AxeHealey said:

All - I'm working with NEO SCCA to bring Rally-X to the Cleveland area. The first step is finding a location.

After talking with one of the guys that runs the Detroit program, it seems a motorsports facility is the easiest route but the private land angle can also work. We've started to put a list together but I thought it might be worthwhile to see if anyone here has ideas.

NEOhio is trying again?

Last time, I tried to help after Bob Poling mentioned to me that they were interested, but a according to the then-Divisional Steward, nobody in the region felt like actually attending an event to train for a steward's license, or even to see what they are like.  And then we got kicked out of Nelson Ledges because of dust, during an unofficial, unsanctioned site test day.

(I live in Cleveland but WOR is my home region)

AxeHealey
1/22/19 3:04 p.m.
EvanB said:

In reply to AxeHealey :

Hah, thanks!

AxeHealey
1/22/19 3:06 p.m.
Knurled. said:
AxeHealey said:

NEOhio is trying again?

Last time, I tried to help after Bob Poling mentioned to me that they were interested, but a according to the then-Divisional Steward, nobody in the region felt like actually attending an event to train for a steward's license, or even to see what they are like.  And then we got kicked out of Nelson Ledges because of dust, during an unofficial, unsanctioned site test day.

Interesting, I wasn't aware that there was a first attempt. Thanks for the background info.

EvanB
1/22/19 4:25 p.m.

Come on down to an OVR or WOR event next season and we will gladly answer any questions. You will also want to go to the divisional training day, I think it is in March. Ed Trudeau (divisional steward) and Orion Fairman will be giving training on rallyx safety steward. 

Finding a good site and keeping it maintained will be the hardest part. 

Depending on location of the site you can probably pull from Pittsburg area people. I talked to a few of them a couple years back about wanting to rallycross but nobody ever showed up for events in OVR region. I had a line on a site around Wellsburg, OH but that is just too far for us to get equipment out and run the events. 

Knurled.
1/22/19 4:47 p.m.
AxeHealey said:
Knurled. said:
AxeHealey said:

NEOhio is trying again?

Interesting, I wasn't aware that there was a first attempt. Thanks for the background info.

To give you an idea of how long ago that was, I was there with my VW Quantum, so it could have been no later than 2014 and no earlier than 2011 or so.

EvanB
1/22/19 5:20 p.m.

There is also a "Site Acquisition Packet" available from SCCA that outlines the program and what site owners can expect that you can show any potential sites. It also has a pretty awesome Miata on the cover. 

https://medium.com/@JimRowland/rallycross-zero-to-dirty-a47776060a50

Knurled.
1/22/19 5:45 p.m.

In reply to EvanB :

What is it with Ohio rallycrossers and official SCCA stuff?  Your Miata is on everything, ZB's Golf was all over the place for a while, Bob's WRX was used as article cover art for the Nationals the year that he passed, and Miles' 2.5RS made a two-page spread and was used for some other things.  (Which annoyed him at the time, since he couldn't buy a copy of the photo from the photographer - the SCCA got the rights, I guess!)

Bonus points for making tracksuit stripes with the Hello Kitty duct tape.

Patrick
1/22/19 5:48 p.m.

Color me hopeful, since i have a slightly lifted legacy wagon that i’ve got about $300 into.  

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled Reader
1/22/19 6:44 p.m.

If this happens I'll be there in something.  I didn't feel comfortable with a 3 hour drive home from southern Ohio without a trailer but if we're within an hour I'd race any of my E36 M3 boxes.

AxeHealey
1/23/19 7:52 p.m.

Thanks for the responses, guys.

Knurled. - In regards to the safety steward issue, it seems that isn't a problem anymore. I believe two of the local auto-x safety stewards are willing and able to step in.

EvanB - I'm definitely planning to come down and visit you guys this year, thanks for the invite. I'm *almost* certain that someone in the group is going to the division training but I'll confirm. Pittsburgh members is something we thought about as well, glad they have showed interest. Also - thanks for the packet, very helpful.

m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/19/19 10:09 p.m.

Any of you oHIo guys near Canal Fulton?  

Need someone to facilitate a side case swap.  I bought cases for the k12s, but they are actually for a f800.  Someone in canal Fulton has opposite issue, but doesn't want to ship.

I need to find someone that I can ship my cases to, meet the seller to swap, and ship back.

Awaiting confirmation that the guy would be ok with that, though.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
3/20/19 6:07 a.m.

I drive through there three four times a month, but usually on a schedule

wae
wae SuperDork
3/20/19 8:31 a.m.

In reply to m4ff3w :

My out-laws live there, actually.  We're going to be up that way in April for the kids' Spring Break, I think.  I'm going through that way next Friday, but I'm not 100% sure that the timing would work out to make a stop.

AxeHealey
4/30/19 12:33 p.m.

Cleveland RallyX update - We've gotten approval on a location this fall. I won't put the host site name out in public until we have a contract signed but things are looking good!

Our goal is either the first weekend in October or a weekend in November. We'll be using the NEOhio Auto-X trailer, cones, timing, etc. so we have to fit into their schedule. 

Patrick
4/30/19 1:41 p.m.

Awesome news, i sold the legacy that i was planning to use so maybe i’ll see how the wrx likes it.  

AxeHealey
5/2/19 7:44 a.m.
Patrick said:

Awesome news, i sold the legacy that i was planning to use so maybe i’ll see how the wrx likes it.  

I almost commented on the Legacy for sale ad that you had to keep it for rallycross but I figured I cloud up your ads enough!

I have a feeling the WRX will like it a lot. No particular reason...

chandler
chandler PowerDork
5/7/19 6:56 p.m.

I’m in Wadsworth area tomorrow night if anyone wants to grab supper or tinker or whatever

Patrick
5/7/19 7:05 p.m.
chandler said:

I’m in Wadsworth area tomorrow night if anyone wants to grab supper or tinker or whatever

I may be available, or may be in pain because i’m going to the dentist tomorrow 

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/8/19 10:38 a.m.
chandler said:

I have sick cars to attend to.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
5/8/19 12:23 p.m.

I hear that! I may not be able to do anything either way, have a bunch of reports that we’re assigned to me today for tomorrow; of course. Working them now while doing a store inspection.

1 ... 53 54 55 56 57

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hYIcFh6Ael0EEjY7R1RJGVyi0FZ3D9dzPKSNBxb29AZqf454p5BUccEqkeosUgCU