1 2 3
NOHOME
NOHOME HalfDork
6/9/12 10:07 a.m.

Guess which car is going to feel neglected this summer!

Sultan
Sultan HalfDork
6/9/12 10:16 a.m.

Very nice!

Conquest351
Conquest351 Dork
6/9/12 10:17 a.m.

Me likey!

Luke
Luke UberDork
6/9/12 10:24 a.m.

Hey, nice, it doesn't look humongous compared to the MG!

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy SuperDork
6/9/12 10:29 a.m.
Luke wrote: Hey, nice, it doesn't look humongous compared to the MG!

yeah- that looks human sized. Is it tight inside like the Solstice./Sky with its 18" thick doors?

NOHOME
NOHOME HalfDork
6/9/12 10:34 a.m.

Kinda why I stuck the GT in the picture. Gives a bit of perspective as to how small this FRS is.

Funny enough, neither the GT nor the FRS are cramped inside. In fact they are both kind of roomy.

The other similarity in the two cars is that they both have back seats.

Yeah right!

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/9/12 10:37 a.m.

I can never remember which one is the FRS and which is the other one without looking it up. That's not good marketing.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/9/12 10:40 a.m.

Commute in the FRS, weekend the BGT. Autocross both.

GrantMLS
GrantMLS Reader
6/9/12 10:47 a.m.

Nothing like driving a nice mg. very nice

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid SuperDork
6/9/12 10:53 a.m.
NOHOME wrote: Kinda why I stuck the GT in the picture. Gives a bit of perspective as to how small this FRS is. Funny enough, neither the GT nor the FRS are cramped inside. In fact they are both kind of roomy. The other similarity in the two cars is that they both have back seats. Yeah right!

How tall are you?

EdenPrime
EdenPrime Reader
6/9/12 10:53 a.m.

Someone on this forum suggested i should go to FT86club.com because i expressed somewhat of an obsession with this car. I've been on that forum for about 2 weeks now, like a deep dive and i've just come up for air on this forum for the first time since.

And here i see another FR-S. I love it. And i love the classic there, too.

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam UltraDork
6/9/12 12:00 p.m.

Nice. Good call on the color, too.

I'm not sold on the wheels, though.

EdenPrime
EdenPrime Reader
6/9/12 12:11 p.m.

Maybe you will like these more:

NOHOME
NOHOME HalfDork
6/9/12 3:05 p.m.
Twin_Cam wrote: Nice. Good call on the color, too. I'm not sold on the wheels, though.

Hey!

I happen to like the alloy knock-offs!

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed Dork
6/9/12 3:08 p.m.

It's amazing how well the MGB GT has stood the test of time. It really is a beautifully well proportioned car. I am a big fan of the Toybaru twins too. Nice to be able to choose between those two for a ride!

dculberson
dculberson Dork
6/9/12 3:33 p.m.
Streetwiseguy wrote:
Luke wrote: Hey, nice, it doesn't look humongous compared to the MG!
yeah- that looks human sized.

My sentiments exactly. I'm so used to modern cars being like the Challenger where parking it next to anything but a fullsize pickup makes it look like a beached whale. That's awesome. I love these cars.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
6/9/12 3:40 p.m.

I'd consider buying one of those. And y'all already know how I feel about modern styling..

Just as much fun with the ignition on, I hope?

mattmacklind
mattmacklind UltimaDork
6/9/12 4:37 p.m.

I like these but too they are priced a lithe high around here, close to 30K in a spec you would want to buy.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
6/9/12 7:52 p.m.

I like those cars more that I see that is on the same scale as an MGB. Well done Toyota and Subaru.

Enjoy that car NOHOME - looks great.

psteav
psteav GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/10/12 9:52 a.m.

I'm excited about them coming on the used market in a year or two after the "gotta have the next big thing" contingent drops them for, well, whatever the next big thing is.

Something I've noticed with modern cars is that very few of them have a shape that I really love when I first see it, but after a year or two they grow on me. The Toyobaru I like out of the box, and the mechanicals back up the looks quite nicely.

And I'm also jealous about the Hobson's choice you have to make on what to drive. The MGB GT is one of my top five favorite shapes for cars, at least for cars that I might be able to own.

Vracer111
Vracer111 New Reader
6/10/12 10:27 a.m.

Nice comparison with the GT! The FR-S is basically NC miata sized...just a few more inches of front and rear overhang but it has a LOT more interior room (my 6'2" self can fit with helmet on and has a little head room to spare! Not to mention the excellent seat layout that hardly any car made can compare with.) Toyota and Subaru have performed a miracle in this day and age. Picture also do not do the FR-S justice either, sure it looks nice in pictures...but man when you physically see it in person... it drops jaws and snaps necks. Drivers around you behave like you are in a Ferrari or other exotic car and it gets lots of attention where ever it goes... this car does not blend in and hide well at all.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/10/12 10:46 a.m.

seeing it in comparison with the Miat and the gen coupe just moved it a bit higher on my radar

Ian F
Ian F UberDork
6/10/12 2:44 p.m.
mad_machine wrote: seeing it in comparison with the Miat and the gen coupe just moved it a bit higher on my radar

+1Call me intrigued...

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/10/12 4:23 p.m.

That's what influenced me, as well. Very reasonable size/weight for a modern car. It's tougher to lose weight than it is to gain HP.

Jaynen
Jaynen New Reader
6/10/12 4:49 p.m.

And it's about where that weight is at which is what Subaru was working for.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
baq2bwBfRigGARcQo8VCHOv4zVDVipuF2HECIaKS3MWo39phL27aiHqU9LvZoCSv