Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
6/25/08 9:38 a.m.

From The Home Office in Ormond Beach, Florida, It's The Top 10 Basic Driving Mistakes (And How To Correct Them)

Most of the articles which we have featured in GRM's "Race Craft" columns the last few years have been evolutionary in nature. Starting with the more basic driving skills, we progressed quickly to more and more advanced techniques. While this may have worked well for those of you who are seasoned competitors and long-time subscribers, it is not so beneficial to new readers.

From time to time, it is important that we revisit basic driving techniques and address the most common basic driving mistakes. This article is not merely for the benefit of new readers, but for any reader who drives in competition or at speed. After all, good advanced driving skills are built upon a solid foundation of good basic driving techniques. Even if you are already a proficient competition driver, I am sure you will learn something of value as we examine the top 10 basic driving mistakes-and how to correct them.

Read the rest of the story

confuZion3
confuZion3 UltraDork
6/10/09 11:23 p.m.

Nice article! Many of the techniques that you discussed are some that I am focusing more on becoming more proficient at. It always helps to have another perspective on the fundamentals!

miwifri
miwifri New Reader
11/30/09 3:24 p.m.

This is a great article. As a racer and new instructor (one season), I am always looking at how others interpret and describe the fundamentals. Having an intuitive understanding of what is happening in a car isn't always easy to put into words, especially at speed. Thanks, Tim.

Our Preferred Partners
6dfKzl1FHCdoD9nvPTPWKKZsBV7C6XJC6RQYGBlguyHJRa53ts4B8raI8UmK8nst