1 2 3
wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe Dork
4/17/14 2:50 p.m.

I have kind of struck out or the R8 front and my father has been pushing me back into the Porsche fold. Its a tiptronic, not a manual so that puts it on the back burner. But how coked out was the GM have been to approve this thing back in 08. ~170K out the door pricing.

Found a White Turbo that I like but this is the interior.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
4/17/14 2:52 p.m.

I actually don't hate that.

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/17/14 2:53 p.m.

I do, Bleh!

fidelity101
fidelity101 Dork
4/17/14 2:54 p.m.

I don't know if I hate or love it yet.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Boss
4/17/14 2:54 p.m.

Ugh.

mtn
mtn UltimaDork
4/17/14 2:56 p.m.

I like weird interiors. But that thing is ugly. It would be ok if it didn't have the grey inserts, but together... blegh. Seems like an ugly 80's vodka bar or something.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe Dork
4/17/14 2:56 p.m.

I really like the turbos, and I really like the white.

I could get the seat centers done in red pretty cheap. It has literately every option. PCCB, Sport Chrono Plus, adaptive seats, Full/Extended/Exclusive leather, carbon exterior upgrades. Plus its under warranty for another 2 years. Plus it has the wing, and its IR tinted.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe Dork
4/17/14 2:57 p.m.

Forgot to add somehow they did not paint the seat backs white even though they did white seat belts. I would have to have that taken out and painted along with the other little bits of grey.

alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork

This for you?

Why would anyone else but your opinion matter?

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork

What's that? If it was a man, I'd punch it right in the mouth. That's bush. Bush league. -- Ron Burgandy

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/17/14 2:58 p.m.

I would like it all red, the grey inserts don't work for me.

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork

I'd drive it! Then again, I was just on FB drooling over Magnus Walker's 931 with the Pascha interior and I drive a 88 951S Silver Rose with the red tartan interior, so I'm a bit weird I guess.

I was speaking to a BMW loving buddy of mine and he helped a friend buy a used M-series BMW and had to argue with him to get the one with the red leather interior (dark blue exterior, so that's a weird one). He told his friend that women would love the red interior, the friend still wasn't sold, but he used the interior color to get it for a few grand less.

A few months later, his friend thanked him for twisting his arm on the red interior, he claimed that he was right and that the women he took on a date in that car tended to be very "outgoing" at the end of the night.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe Dork
alfadriver wrote: This for you? Why would anyone else but your opinion matter?

Because at some point I need to sell it and honestly I am so conflicted I figured I would post it up. I vasalate back and forth between its so bloody 80's and I like that. To its horrible but kind of fixable.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/17/14 3:20 p.m.

I have those seats in my 911 (in black) and they are fantastic, but that interior is a little over the top. This strikes me as the kind of car that would have been owned by a professional basketball player. And that wouldn't be a good thing.

TeamEvil
TeamEvil Reader
4/17/14 3:27 p.m.

White car, automatic, and that interior. Woody is being kind, that's the kind of car that would have been owned by a pro basketball player's Trophy Wife. And that CERTAINLY wouldn't be a good thing.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
4/17/14 3:27 p.m.

red interiors make me sick.

Like I really want to vomit

Lugnut
Lugnut Dork
4/17/14 3:30 p.m.

I love it! My first 928 was a white 16v S with Cancan Red full-leather interior. It was awesome! I love the white and red.

confuZion3
confuZion3 UltraDork
4/17/14 3:35 p.m.

I like it in the white car.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe Dork
4/17/14 3:42 p.m.

I keep feeling like if I took the centers out and had them redone in red and pulled the rear seats out entirely and did a GT2 style cage that it would tone down the look. I could also find some black seat bosters but I think that would look weird.

White and Red is my go to color combo when I get a car if its available, the sales guys said that it was a repeat customer that ordered a custom 991 Turbo in a similar color combo and it has all its papers in a row.

The trip-tonic is more of a concern for me. I am not really a automatic sort of guy but t would be my daily for at least the next two years as I have lost two spaces at home to outside projects.

dculberson
dculberson UltraDork
4/17/14 3:46 p.m.

I love it but I'm a weirdo so I would use that opinion to come up with resale-ability.

mw
mw Dork
4/17/14 4:11 p.m.

I love it. I would totally swap you for the grey interior in my white 996 if they were interchangeable.

singleslammer
singleslammer SuperDork
4/17/14 4:14 p.m.

If the tops of the door panels weren't red, ie only the centers of the panels were red, I would like it a lot. Not my favorite now, not the worst thing I have seen either. If that interior saves you 10K, then hell yeah!

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltraDork
4/17/14 4:25 p.m.

That car highlights why I don't usually like red interiors. Most red interiors have red seats and some red trim and that's it. I want a red interior that looks like you put 10 open cans of red paint on the floor and then entered a barrel roll competition. Pretty much like this. I approve.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic UberDork
4/17/14 4:27 p.m.

Strip club interior? I'd do it if discounted appropriately.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy SuperDork
4/17/14 4:44 p.m.

I've seen worse I've seen a similar yellow interior in a red c4 vette convertible. The owner bragged about it being "1 of 1"

As for that Porsche, I don't care for it, but if that car has everything else that you want, I wouldn't let it stop me from buying it.

Edit: maybe it was this one?

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YXosMrktOftzgXNMdKaIU01z4ODpRf5BcG3fMjyJ4eDNc3bzy6Io3bmHTBn82cXe