1 2
Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
7/29/14 8:14 p.m.

Pictures are deceiving. This lived it's entire life in Wisconsin then 10 years in a barn covered in chicken poop dust.

I still suggest you buy it.

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
7/30/14 5:19 a.m.
ryanty22 wrote: Someone on here has had to have drug home something worse at some point or another

Our first $2002 Challenge donor looked almost exactly like that, parked in the weeds, sitting under a tree with no windshield in it. It took an entire second shell just to make a car out of it.

But, you could end up with this if you work ever night on it for several months with 3 other guys:

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/30/14 11:00 a.m.
ryanty22 wrote:
AngryCorvair wrote: if it's free, go ahead and get it. document it here, so we can all point our spouses to this thread and use you as an example of "hey, at least i'm not as bad as *that* guy!" not kidding.
Someone on here has had to have drug home something worse at some point or another

oh, no doubt i've drug home worse than that. i really was just kidding. they're cool cars and if it's already a basket-case you have no reason to feel bad about hacking it up.

if you've got time and space, maybe you just part out the good stuff and scrap the rest, and the cash helps fund the next effort. i've done that a few times as well.

TxCoyote
TxCoyote Reader
7/30/14 8:40 p.m.

I recently dragged home a 65 Vair that looked similar. Gutting it now with the expectation of turning it into a vintage racer. I say go for it! Part of life is doing what people say can't (or shouldn't) be done.

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo HalfDork
7/31/14 11:59 a.m.

There was a 2002 on the local craigs last year, found in a storage unit that was bought at auction, shell had been taken back to bare, issues addressed and I think epoxy coated, a lot of parts included. I want to say asking price was under $500. I kick myself to this day.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZGNcF9gIAZuTbLFUQp2UWcNjgxwbXNNdyvjxofeUg9tNjUIplwFrPRk1aNCsdMEt