Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette SuperDork
7/21/12 4:17 p.m.

1984 ish vette shortened frame with either a spitfire or a mga coupe or mga body . We will widen the body to cover the vette wheels . The vette we have has a six speed and a 350 with stock 300 horsepower . we are going to sell all the body parts from the vette . We are thinking widen the body by a foot . add a shot of nitrous .

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
7/21/12 4:18 p.m.

I love this plan. I hope this will be your build thread....I just added it to my favorites.

hrdlydangerous
hrdlydangerous Reader
7/21/12 4:27 p.m.

I love the Challenge a much as the next guy, but if that were my Corvette I'd be selling it for a profit.

Karl La Follette
7/21/12 4:29 p.m.

A young man on meth ragged it out , sorta white trash car . Broken windshield nothing works . Body is worth more than the car . We are thinking 2300 pounds in total weight .

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/21/12 4:41 p.m.

Bring it. Oh, and bring some walking tacos, too.

Karl La Follette
7/21/12 4:44 p.m.

We are thinking weber charcoal grill and fixings at the challenge thursday night / valve cover warm up .

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/21/12 8:47 p.m.

karl,

if you know how to remove them without damage i could use the passenger side rear quarter panel.

i think it requires heat and patience but not sure how much of either.

fyi that's an 84-89 car. if i could see more i could narrow it down for you. definitely not a 94.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi HalfDork
7/22/12 7:17 a.m.

If it still has a vin it's easy enough to date it.

This is full of cool!

JohnyHachi6
JohnyHachi6 Reader
7/22/12 3:27 p.m.

How much was the vette? I'm shocked you could get one with a six speed and a body like that for challenge money. Good deal.

Gasoline
Gasoline HalfDork
7/22/12 3:34 p.m.

Good stuff Karl! I now am going to have to work a little harder....

Karl La Follette
7/22/12 3:50 p.m.
JohnyHachi6 wrote: How much was the vette? I'm shocked you could get one with a six speed and a body like that for challenge money. Good deal.

We tow for the Sheriff it was a crackheadills car , we liened it and the TITLED owner came back and said he had sold the car . Never got paid and cracky did not take it out of his name . We cut a great deal I got it for just over / half challenge price .

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rL67KTk2pAhYzo8XjNIL8A0ixjhBeArur171b8MDKfnFCemhOfCdVi7AXWoHJ6Bv