Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
6/9/15 1:15 p.m.
feature_image

Our first weekend off in a while and we got to play with our new project Chevy Colorado a bit. On a two lane country road with a lot of high-speed passing areas, we found the additional power over our Honda Ridgeline to be most welcome. Out in the trails the 4WD system works wonderfully and this truck is immensely …

Read the rest of the story

Petrolburner
Petrolburner HalfDork
6/9/15 1:36 p.m.

"We even put it to work on the plow to clean weeds out of a lake."

What does this mean?

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
6/9/15 1:44 p.m.

Didn't know colorado's can plow as well..

92dxman
92dxman Dork
6/9/15 1:54 p.m.

Nice color scheme..

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/9/15 4:21 p.m.

I'm imagining that they hooked it up to a drag rake and scooped weeds out that way, but that is just a guess.

If we were in a bar, we readers would be gesturing at you, trying to get you to stop, yelling, "Tell us about the lake!"

crewperson
crewperson New Reader
6/9/15 5:56 p.m.

What rest of the storey? Click on the link and I get a carbon copy of the forum post.

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog SuperDork
6/9/15 9:01 p.m.
crewperson wrote: What rest of the storey? Click on the link and I get a carbon copy of the forum post.

Yup. Really dislike this.

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/10/15 2:00 p.m.

I'm curious about the fuel mileage you guys are getting out that thing. The 4x4 Canyon is on the short list for a new vehicle.

TR3only
TR3only Reader
6/12/15 8:31 a.m.

If I can manage a new vehicle in the next 6-9 months a Colorado is on my list, though probably not a crewcab 4x4. I'll be interesting in reading how this turns out as a project.

TIGMOTORSPORTS
TIGMOTORSPORTS HalfDork
6/13/15 8:55 a.m.

I see you can order a 2wd with the 305hp V6 and a locking rear.

high winding V6 - peak hp at 6800 rpms

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
6/14/15 8:25 p.m.

I stopped to see these at Chebie the other day. Since they had only 2 in stock they were fully loaded crew cabs pushing upper $30,000's? For that I'd consider a Silver colored Silverado.

TIGMOTORSPORTS
TIGMOTORSPORTS HalfDork
6/14/15 9:13 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy:

I became sidetracked looking at being able to order a reg cab shortbox 2wd with the 5.3 and a 3.42 locking rear diff. Edelbrock now makes superchargers for the 2015:

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/mc/superchargers/gm-truck-suv.shtml

CamaroKeith
CamaroKeith Reader
7/13/15 11:48 a.m.
Datsun310Guy wrote: I stopped to see these at Chebie the other day. Since they had only 2 in stock they were fully loaded crew cabs pushing upper $30,000's? For that I'd consider a Silver colored Silverado.

That's the thing about the Colorados though: on a Silverado, you'll spend $10k more, for capabilities you probably won't use, for a truck that's now grown to the size that you can't park. For someone like me who lives in the burbs and has to commute into a city, there are downtown parking garages that even I have a difficult time parking my Tacoma in. Forget about street parking. Colorados and Canyons are roughly the same size as the C/K 1500 that ended in ~1987 - and can out-tow them. It gives you an idea of just how big trucks have become these days. Buyers are opting to save the $10k for something that's less of a PITA to live with day-to-day. This is why GM can't make enough of them to satisfy demand and I suspect Ford will announce, soon, the Ranger will becoming stateside.

HiTempguy
HiTempguy UberDork
7/13/15 12:48 p.m.

One of the truck channels on YouTube used a crew cab 4x4 colorado to tow 6k + lbs up the ike gauntlet. Got ~4usmpg at WOT and 55-60mph.

I was impressed to say the least.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EwKooMW203vkphVRfKDCbKY4VKYHK3F5Kni1FLSFYU0vSMJh9QGi78GHVeyOCaqO