1 2
markwemple
markwemple UberDork
5/21/18 10:07 p.m.

...now we need new leather upholstery. Where to look?!

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
5/21/18 10:08 p.m.

Insurance claim?

http://www.car-part.com

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/21/18 10:08 p.m.

The tanned hides of your children?

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
5/21/18 10:12 p.m.

Insurance claim.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/21/18 10:21 p.m.

Nuke the van from orbit.

rustybugkiller
rustybugkiller HalfDork
5/21/18 10:22 p.m.

You should be in one of those insurance commercials. Farmers insurance??

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/21/18 10:32 p.m.

Insurance claim.

take the check, haul the kids to whatever yard has a set for you from Car-part.com, have them replace the seats or the covers.

Then they can work the rest of the costs off doing whatever work you both deem required.

markwemple
markwemple UberDork
5/21/18 10:34 p.m.

Made a claim with GEICO. Darn kids!! I have no idea what they were thinking.

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non SuperDork
5/22/18 12:38 a.m.

It’s summer now. Talk with them and don’t let them do it again or you will have a dead puppy on your hands the next time around. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/22/18 8:19 a.m.
Appleseed said:

Nuke the van from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure.

markwemple
markwemple UberDork
5/23/18 8:40 a.m.

Waiting to see how long it will take to get the repair materials from Toyota. Over 3k in damage! And not only do we get the joy of the $100 deductible but depreciation on the seating surfaces??? (WTF, seats wear out but paint and body panels don't?)

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
5/23/18 9:22 a.m.

Is the dog OK?

Pete

markwemple
markwemple UberDork
5/23/18 9:42 a.m.

Yeah. I was/am much more pissed at the boys. Can't blame her for being scared. She didn't eat anything. Just tore the crap out of it.

oldopelguy
oldopelguy UberDork
5/23/18 10:35 a.m.

Great news about modern Toyota is that you can still get a $3 key cut that will turn the locks. It won't start the car without the chip, but that's kinda perfect for a key left in a magnetic key box or on your kids' key rings, isn't it? 

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
5/23/18 11:28 a.m.
markwemple said:

Yeah. I was/am much more pissed at the boys. Can't blame her for being scared. She didn't eat anything. Just tore the crap out of it.

I think most of us were smelling dog E36 M3 here, not picturing torn upholstery.

(Ooooh, I’d be sooooooo P.O.ed at my kids)

TGMF
TGMF Reader
5/23/18 11:38 a.m.

Katzkins makes leather seating surfaces to replace OEM leather or cloth. They might have something for you at a significant savings from OEM. Still are not cheap though. 

Crackers
Crackers Dork
5/23/18 11:42 a.m.
GameboyRMH said:
Appleseed said:

Nuke the van from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure.

berkeleyin A!

markwemple
markwemple UberDork
5/23/18 12:01 p.m.

In reply to oldopelguy :

They are 7 and 6 and the 6 year old has autism. The 7 year old has severe ADHD. Once they figured out the severity of the damage (I told them how many "playing out time money" it would cost, and that they'd be in college before it was paid) they were worried that we didn't love them anymore.

It's a lease so I'm going the safe route.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/23/18 4:35 p.m.

Ben's Upholstery on Harford Rd in Parkville just north of the city line is your answer. Tell them downshift sent you. 

markwemple
markwemple UberDork
5/23/18 6:14 p.m.

Do they do insurance work?

captdownshift
5/23/18 8:48 p.m.

I'd be surprised if they didnt, there's a collision shop less than a block from them (that's changed names within the past 5 years, but is the same people) who's name I can't recall. I'm sure that worst case scenario they'd be willing to do it via the collision shop on a sublet so that the collision side can handle the paperwork. 

captdownshift
5/23/18 9:07 p.m.

I've confirmed that they do insurance work, makes sense as they do Auto Glass as well. 

markwemple
markwemple UberDork
5/23/18 9:10 p.m.

OK> If Toyota can't do it. I'll give them a call. Thanks!

Tyler H
Tyler H GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/23/18 10:10 p.m.

Let's see pics!  From one dad to another....fellow 2017 Sienna SE owner and father of three kids that think they're totally persecuted for not having a dog.

markwemple
markwemple UberDork
5/23/18 10:38 p.m.

I'm no good at linking pics but I'll send ya some

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MsETXicuAT35xBqU4RjiJhMwjiXu2vjMZ3BmgrlTWidDryR1NG9sYClau9pkvIH4