Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Editorial Assistant
2/2/16 3:16 p.m.
feature_image

Ever since we started campaigning our low-buck Miata in 24 Hours of LeMons events, our entry has always been noticeably lacking a theme. Sure, themes aren't needed to go fast and tend to be on the silly side, but if you attend a 24 Hours of LeMons event, you'll understand why we really wanted one. These events are about fun …

Read the rest of the story

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA Dork
2/2/16 7:32 p.m.

Whew. No papier-mache heads. I'm good.

Jerry
Jerry SuperDork
2/3/16 7:55 a.m.

That's...quite ugly.

NickD
NickD HalfDork
2/3/16 8:44 a.m.
Jerry wrote: That's...quite ugly.

Glad I'm not the only one thinking it. I know they shot for the BMW art car but did they get 1/4 of the way through and realize that was a lot of stripes to lay and decide to call it finished?

sosp197
sosp197 New Reader
2/3/16 9:21 a.m.

Really? a notch beyond Butt Ugly. I don't think Eastwood will be giving you any more paint.

Rupert
Rupert Dork
2/3/16 10:48 a.m.

I hope the body you started with was already truly awful!

jstein77
jstein77 UltraDork
2/3/16 10:52 a.m.

Well, at least it'll peel off easily.

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
2/3/16 11:05 a.m.

Uh, it's a joke. We actually know that horrible bodywork and handpainted stripes do not an art car make.

Margie

Brian
Brian MegaDork
2/3/16 11:27 a.m.

Perfect for a LeMons car.

Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Editorial Assistant
2/3/16 12:33 p.m.

Yeah. That's kind of the point. It's supposed to be a terrible art car. And yes, we can peel it off and do something else next race.

Stefan (Not Bruce)
Stefan (Not Bruce) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/3/16 12:34 p.m.
Marjorie Suddard wrote: Uh, it's a joke. We actually know that horrible bodywork and handpainted stripes do not an art car make. Margie

TopGear UK proved otherwise... :)

ncjay
ncjay Dork
2/3/16 12:40 p.m.

I would have left it almost like this. I really like the black on yellow. For the next paint job, if you choose to do a different one, just tow the car over to the local kindergarten and let the kids get crazy.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
2/9/16 7:39 p.m.

RIP, Miata.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
l6UfYen8vvJvSAjjGdQqPLOSWDYtx2ud4GuH7zT8CsnQDFSTLPHUJOpxkHF4ftpW