David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
10/7/13 12:13 p.m.
feature_image

As the Sebring ChumpCar event approached, we had a largely untested car. Yeah, we had a few tests, but we wouldn't call them stellar outings as problems kept cropping up. So we had a group huddle: Do we go to Sebring or wait until the car is tested and operating at 100 percent?

We went to Sebring.

Our driver lineup …

Read the rest of the story

rdoherty
rdoherty
10/7/13 1:16 p.m.

Glad to hear RaceCapture helped you guys! This link is the one for a summary of your data http://race-capture.com/events/chumpcar-sebring-14hr-2013/device/yellow-miata/summary

David S. Wallens
10/7/13 2:06 p.m.

Gotta add, having pit-to-car radios helped so much. As my stint wrapped up, the red flag came out for a bad, bad wreck. I saw the red flag, but at the same time Tim told me over the radio. It just made things more relaxed being able to talk back and forth. We have come a long way since using a pit board--or, as we once used, a beach umbrella.

Wildchild
Wildchild New Reader
10/7/13 10:40 p.m.

I was driving a Black Honda Prelude, #714 (MoneyShot Motorsports) during the first stint. I had just passed Tim and I was attempting to pass the car that broke loose in front of me and I missed him by a foot or two... I checked my mirror's to see what happened and he corrected and Tim had no where to go. From my angle it looked like a major impact but the Miata didn't suffer very much damage. Anyways congrats on the 53rd place finish... We finished 56th due to faulty headlights so we stopped with an hour to go. Might as well save the car if there is no reason to continue as far back as we were...

David S. Wallens
10/7/13 11:23 p.m.

Tim was totally calm when he radioed in the incident, too. In fact, he was so calm I think I asked him to repeat himself. "You just hit someone?" Anyway, yeah, the damage was minimal.

We have a work night scheduled for later this week, and we'll get the hood and front fender a bit straighter. We also want to take some measurements and make sure everything's still square. Installing hood pins are also on the to-do list.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jDWJme9F0NhDBkT57R4bCM06QMeD3cu9JDqH9t1wLBzmwG9Z63kSX6xH6pLtabyL