dok33
dok33 New Reader
10/14/09 10:51 a.m.

Had a couple of people asking about the Phostiva build so I figured I'd share our build thread. I promise there's some tech info beneath all of the beer drinking and shenanigans :)

http://www.feoa.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=52156&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Challenge coverage is on Page 7, feel free to let me know if you have any questions and especially if you want to buy this little beast

cghstang
cghstang New Reader
10/14/09 11:40 a.m.

So, where is the for sale ad? Not that I could bring it home right now.

dok33
dok33 New Reader
10/14/09 11:59 a.m.

Working on it, still haven't figured out price etc. Also need to replace the turbo before it goes to its new owner, unfortunately don't think we'll find another DSM T25 for $10!

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
10/14/09 12:22 p.m.

It was fun racing the Fiero against the higher horsepower, lighter cars that were grasping for traction. IIRC, we lined up and I trapped about a second faster and 15 mph slower than your car (earlier in the day). I was hoping to line up against somebody running about the same time as me to get a fun contrast of launch vs. top end, I thought it'd be fun as a spectator.

That car looked like a real handful going down the drag strip, it must have been even more of a handful in the autocross.

Bryce

Vigo
Vigo New Reader
10/14/09 1:46 p.m.

well if they wanted a high power FWD that wasnt scary to drive they should have switched with me!

my car was only like 7% slower but 90% less scary due to my awesome street hankooks breaking away early and evenly!

btw Bryce i think my car would have been awesome next to yours for the effect you mentioned. We e.t'd similar but you were all in the first half and i was all in the second half.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/14/09 1:48 p.m.

hey Vigo, i wish i had known more about what all went into that aries before seeing it at the challenge. by the time i talked to you as you were entering the concours area, i was bored with concours and walked away without hearing your story. very cool build! gotta love the interchangeability of the '80's and '90's mopars!

MiatarPowar
MiatarPowar HalfDork
10/14/09 1:50 p.m.
dok33 wrote: Working on it, still haven't figured out price etc. Also need to replace the turbo before it goes to its new owner, unfortunately don't think we'll find another DSM T25 for $10!

Definitely looking forward to seeing the FS thread. Probably won't be able to pick it up, but I'll tell everyone that I know that they should.

Vigo
Vigo New Reader
10/14/09 9:43 p.m.
hey Vigo, i wish i had known more about what all went into that aries before seeing it at the challenge. by the time i talked to you as you were entering the concours area, i was bored with concours and walked away without hearing your story. very cool build! gotta love the interchangeability of the '80's and '90's mopars!

Thanks! We definitely had it easier than the festiva, as far as combining different factory parts.. ours pretty much bolted together. Neither of the people on my team owns a welder (though Mason is building one).

I would have liked the aries to be more competitive with the festiva because they seem such fitting nemeses for a hilarious showdown, but i didnt bring enough traction to hang with them.

dok33
dok33 New Reader
11/30/09 1:07 p.m.

FS thread is finally up! http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/200x-classifieds/fs-grm-2009-phostiva-1800-austin-tx/16572/page1/

Somebody buy it so we can start on next year's car!!

jwdmotorsports
jwdmotorsports HalfDork
11/30/09 2:00 p.m.

It's tempting me even though I already have the car for $2010. However, sinnce I now have a 2 week old and an 18 month old at home it would be nice to have a complete car for next year. But, you're a little far from Bham, AL.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cQYuEn5zHxYVkM06utgFnRlwEnu9NR3qwVKPNUfy7swVSpGoHArUCskdzFZcr0yE