1 2
Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
10/16/15 5:45 p.m.

There's all kinds of jerks in the world. Two good friends of mine are SM racers, they both say it's only a few of them who make life hell for everyone else.

jstein77
jstein77 SuperDork
10/16/15 7:01 p.m.
CGLockRacer wrote:
theenico wrote: Yet one more of a thousand reasons I would build a Miata for any class except SM. Too many rookie D-bags suffering from red-mastitis.
Not sure if typo or not... (Do not look up mastitis at work...)

Ouch - that looks painful.

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk UltraDork
10/16/15 7:04 p.m.

I raced my Spec Miata for two seasons at Waterford Hills, a track that has a bit of a reputation with the local SCCA crowd, but the club regulars seemed to be able to race it..The only incident where there was contact was with a visiting youngster who believed that the only way to pass on a narrow track was by bumping your way through. He was black flagged for hitting me three times in one race, otherwise there was zero contact between my car and any other in two full seasons. I was typically capable of running up to fourth or fifth, but even the front runners could manage to race with very little contact. It's all up to the drivers and their attitudes.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
10/17/15 1:51 p.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk:

Do you think it is a question of money?

When we were boat racing the guys who had money to pop an engine or replace a boat, or even worse, had a backup on the trailer tended to drive harder and twist the engine further than people who couldn't just replace everything with the money in the dresser.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
435dE9Hh6ypIA7Xly9sPixQcQ1LnmOpyX0dkEFGwuq9qOkoYkv7tzmA1OhL3JFbb