4/17/14 9:48 p.m.

In the order that appeals to me the most:

Matrix XRS

Acura RSX (Type-S only)

EP3 Civic

Focus SVT

LS1 Camaro

WRX

E46 (of couse I'm a BMW guy so I'll have to add it to the list)

JAhmed
JAhmed New Reader
4/17/14 10:40 p.m.

S2000. Oh was that not on the list? In that case...S2000.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro UltraDork
4/17/14 10:51 p.m.

Your list is bad and you should feel bad.

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/17/14 11:04 p.m.

SRT-4

Jarod
Jarod GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/17/14 11:21 p.m.

I like the idea of an actual performance magazine having an Integra GSR for a project car.

LS1 F body would be awesome also.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/17/14 11:44 p.m.

You said FUN.

I'm gonna have to go where very few have gone...

Mini Cooper S.

I have never driven mine without a big smile on my face. Can't be done.

There are cars that handle better, are faster, are more comfortable for the long haul, or just plain spec out better.

But I ALWAYS have FUN in my S. On the track, or on the street. It's a grown up go-kart. And I'm a RWD kinda guy.

Plus, they ARE available in a ragtop.

Have you driven one?

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
4/17/14 11:44 p.m.

Boxster Boxster Boxster Boxster Boxster Boxster Boxster Boxster Boxster Boxster Boxster Boxster Boxster Boxster Boxster Boxster Boxster Boxster Boxster Boxster Boxster Boxster Boxster Boxster Boxster Boxster Boxster Boxster Boxster Boxster Boxster Boxster Boxster Boxster Boxster Boxster Boxster Boxster Boxster Boxster Boxster Boxster Boxster Boxster Boxster Boxster Boxster Boxster Boxster Boxster Boxster

mistanfo
mistanfo UltraDork
4/17/14 11:45 p.m.

LS1 Camaro, though you will be required to grow a mullet.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado UltimaDork
4/18/14 2:11 a.m.

The Jed beat me to it, but here ya go..

I actually bought that thing after someone here reminded me about the Apr. '13 issue. As much as I whine about the seats, I've learned to live with them. Four hours to CMP a couple of weeks ago, old guy from Atl loves the rest of the car so much that I just don't give a berkeley about the stupid seats anymore.

midniteson
midniteson Reader
4/18/14 2:27 a.m.

LS Camaro or Firechicken 6spd FTW!

fujioko
fujioko Reader
4/18/14 6:09 a.m.

Saturn Ion Redline

racerdave600
racerdave600 Dork
4/18/14 6:45 a.m.

mini cooper s....i'll sell you mine...

i'd buy another so to me that is one of the most fun on the list, followed by the miata and mr2.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 SuperDork
4/18/14 6:50 a.m.

SRT 4 with a catch, it has to be an LSD car and try and find one that hasn't been boy racered too hard.

RossD
RossD PowerDork
4/18/14 7:09 a.m.
Tom Suddard wrote: It needs to carry two people and two backpacks on a 60-mile roundtrip commute a few times a week, and be fun.

When I had my supercharged MR2, two people and two backpacks was all it could carry!

Bobzilla
Bobzilla PowerDork
4/18/14 7:56 a.m.
friedgreencorrado wrote: The Jed beat me to it, but here ya go.. I actually bought that thing after someone here reminded me about the Apr. '13 issue. As much as I whine about the seats, I've learned to live with them. Four hours to CMP a couple of weeks ago, old guy from Atl loves the rest of the car so much that I just don't give a berkeley about the stupid seats anymore.

Finding one not ragged to hell by boy-ricers or paying the inflated Honda tax is very difficult. And that suspension..... My gawd what the hell was Honda thinking? Take one of the best handling FWD chassis of all times and then they threw it all away and made this thing.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/18/14 8:04 a.m.
Tom Suddard wrote: It needs to carry two people and two backpacks on a 60-mile roundtrip commute a few times a week, and be fun.

Last time I checked, a motorcycle can do that!

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
4/18/14 8:11 a.m.

Mustang

Bobzilla
Bobzilla PowerDork
4/18/14 9:02 a.m.
SVreX wrote:
Last time I checked, a motorcycle can do that!

truf. For a ton cheaper too.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
4/18/14 9:04 a.m.

P71

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
4/18/14 9:45 a.m.

Corolla XRS just cuz it's cool and random.

HiTempguy
HiTempguy UltraDork
4/18/14 9:56 a.m.

LS1 Camaro. Because you guys have already done everything else on that list (practically) or its not really worthwile persuing. Also, owning a high powered manual v8 car is one of those things you just have to do.

Be warned though, it will probably ruin you. There is a reason "lsx swap all the things!" is kind of a running meme. Because it becomes the only answer.

If you guys wanted to be really cool, you could go through the process of building a Miata LSX swap ;) Best of both worlds!

Joe Severns
Joe Severns Marketing & PR Director
4/18/14 10:03 a.m.

Obviously omitted from that list is my E90. You know you want it.

Type Q
Type Q Dork
4/18/14 10:06 a.m.

I like that one right there.

Vigo
Vigo PowerDork
4/18/14 11:22 a.m.

Out of that list i would be looking at an e46 m3 convertible, or, failing that, an e46 330 convertible.

NOT out of that list, i would pick a Boxster S.

As much as i like the idea of a Corolla XRS, they honestly never sound as cool on paper as they are in real life. I have a friend with one and i love hearing his street racing stories. The car is way faster than you would think by the numbers, or even by driving it (which i have). It's a confusing overachiever that can't totally be conveyed in text.

pilotbraden
pilotbraden SuperDork
4/18/14 11:23 a.m.

1985 VW GTI

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CARUxUqJcANMEMi9M8izjpQgqQi6M4ScrVNhapZa1NyoGQ1XZsl60WldKLD3hrMZ