1 2
Appleseed
Appleseed UltimaDork
12/19/13 4:31 p.m.

I vote blow up a motor or two.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/19/13 4:44 p.m.

I'd change the oil every eight thousand miles or so and drive it until it rusts out. Cars like this are enablers. You will never have to worry about it getting you to and from work and you can focus your attention on some ludicrous project car. Or cars.

Sonic
Sonic SuperDork
12/19/13 5:25 p.m.

Seriously. With all of the "burn it" comments, they are missing how nice it is to have a car that just works every time, and that you don't have to pay much attention to. Then you can always get to work or the parts store and get to put your attention to the fun cars.

Timeormoney
Timeormoney Reader
12/19/13 6:19 p.m.

Pics are coming tomorrow, not going crazy on the paint but it took more than just some clay and spray wax to get lots of the crap off. Had some McGuire's Scratch X 2.0.....so I just pretended that it was mirror glaze and I had my buddies random orbital instead of a microfiber and my hands. In the dark it looks fine.........

NGTD
NGTD Dork
12/19/13 6:23 p.m.

Insert key, insert gas and do the maintenance.

Then spend all your money on your toys.

JtspellS
JtspellS Dork
12/19/13 6:30 p.m.

BOOST!!!!!!!!!

Vigo
Vigo UberDork
12/19/13 10:04 p.m.

Sounds pretty sweet to me. I'm waiting for pics. I do like those BBS wheels.

Around that year there was also an ES330 'titanium edition' or something like that in a sweet titanium/gunmetal color with the cool wheels. I drove one and liked it pretty well.

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
12/19/13 10:39 p.m.

needs a wing and a paint job:

Opti
Opti New Reader
12/20/13 12:13 a.m.

Ive had two buddies take camrys over 300k with just non stop abuse. They were both 2.2s though.

Cold ass a/c, nice heater, always fired and ran without missing a beat, they put E36 M3 oil in it and went way too long on intervals, we routinely ran them into each other at parking lots and stop signs, over roaded both of them and jumped one of the repeatedly.

One of the owner's brother had a jeep wrangler and was messing around one day and got stuck in a mud hole off a back road, it was probably 20 feet long and really sloppy. He called us to come get him so we hopped in the camry and headed over there, by the time we got there another friend had pulled him out. so there we are headed down the road at about 45 and see the now empty mud hole, without touching the brakes he veers into it and she skates right across the top. That thing is still in service today and running like atop.

I cant fault the camry its a good car, its not a fun car (unless your abusing it), but it just keeps going and upkeep is cheap.

Vigo
Vigo UberDork
12/20/13 1:11 a.m.

I can say from personal experience that it is totally possible to hydroplane a car all the way across a small body of water. Slowing down is for suckers.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vlZefz8fEnmEoEzjpeFJFkGBfMr2az2BRoUsKa5UBvYPMqF5BZCwTen4wdbDLAb0