akylekoz
akylekoz Dork
9/20/18 6:08 p.m.

I may have purchased more than one.  Normally I just look for stuff that I have owned or driven but I had to make an exception.

barefootskater
barefootskater HalfDork
9/20/18 6:14 p.m.

That repu is sweet. Just grabbed a delorean the other day. There is a hotwheels thread somewhere in off-topic.

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand New Reader
9/20/18 7:14 p.m.

Nice! And I like that you're trying to find your own ones! I tried to go look for all my old cars...so my kids could play with them...?.. and man, I've driven very boring un-toy cars almost exclusively.

Fitzauto
Fitzauto Dork
9/21/18 12:03 a.m.

That skyline is one of my,favorites. The color scheme on it is just about perfect.

Cousin_Eddie
Cousin_Eddie HalfDork
9/21/18 8:07 a.m.

If you dig REPUs, there are two more variations out there. Both should be pretty easy to find if you look.

(I probably should have removed them from the case for better pictures.)

fidelity101
fidelity101 UltraDork
9/21/18 8:38 a.m.

I like how hotwheels are making a comeback with the carmunity - It doesn't matter where I go people talk about them and buy them. I mean I'm spending 100 on groceries, plus 20 on a beer whats 1 more dollar to have this neat little fellow for one simple trip to the store. 

akylekoz
akylekoz Dork
9/21/18 8:45 a.m.

They have been $1 roughly for the last 40 years.  I said it on the internet so it must be true, but is it?

Saron81
Saron81 Reader
9/21/18 2:37 p.m.
akylekoz said:

They have been $1 roughly for the last 40 years.  I said it on the internet so it must be true, but is it?

They said that on the History channel show about them too. I was impressed by that! Same price now as when they came out!

barefootskater
barefootskater HalfDork
9/21/18 2:44 p.m.
Saron81 said:
akylekoz said:

They said that on the History channel show about them too. I was impressed by that! Same price now as when they came out!

Not sure on what the inflation math says about that, but I imagine that it is worlds cheaper to manufacture and distribute hotwheels today than it was 40 ears ago. Still, I buy them whenever I find one I like.

DocV
DocV Reader
9/21/18 4:21 p.m.

I love the classic Japanese and European cars they are making as well as the standard American muscle.  My son seems to have outgrown them but the people working at Walmart identify me as "the guy who buys hot wheels" lol.  Off the top of my head, in recent memory I have picked up many AE86's, EF civics, RX7's (classic Savannah and FD), S13 Silvia, Honda City Turbo, ND MX5, BMW E30 M3 and 3.0 CSLs, Focus RS, etc. etc.  

I have an Evo X, STI, and a Focus RS sitting on my desk at work.  I am waiting for a Hot Wheels new Civic Type R (a car that looks to be inspired by Hot Wheels)

My favorites are the ones they are doing in conjunction with Japanese Nostalgic Car forums:

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/tag/hot-wheels/

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
9/21/18 5:51 p.m.

It’s sad when dad won’t let his kids play with his little toy cars.

”Ummmm, no honey you can touch that. Daddy paid $5 for that 20 years ago and it’s worth like $75 now, put it down. Thank you.”

DWNSHFT
DWNSHFT Dork
9/21/18 8:00 p.m.

/mike drop

pirate
pirate Reader
9/22/18 2:36 p.m.

Just bought a 240Z for our adult son who has had a thing for Z’s since he was a little boy. I was at Wal-mart killing some time while a prescription was being  filled and was looking at Hot Wheels and there was a guy maybe in his 60’s with probably 10 piled up he was going to buy. Talked a bit while looking and he had a project car he was building.

Suprf1y
Suprf1y UltimaDork
9/22/18 3:24 p.m.

One of my buddies just alerted me to this

Thought it was pretty cool

chandler
chandler PowerDork
9/22/18 8:54 p.m.

I’ve collected pretty heavily since 1995 and I think we are in the heyday of hot wheels right now. The JDM and Euro-centric leanings of the designers (although the main JDM designer just left) is bringing new collectors and a lot of new money to the hobby. It’s so much fun!

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
9/23/18 9:32 a.m.

I just bought these just because I liked the copper color on the Camaro and well, because Drag Week in the other...https://www.facebook.com/100007466715766/posts/2158338124425057/ wink

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BZTiHpoTSin58D8DJnMiLtUjSSxuobX0VxnLY848bSiIfgW68tYbZl8Qt7IJ8H5x