RossD
RossD MegaDork
1/22/20 7:02 p.m.

E36 M3 got real, quick!

AnthonyGS
AnthonyGS GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/22/20 7:20 p.m.

In reply to pimpm3 :

Nice score!  A few more like this and viola.

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/22/20 7:35 p.m.

Oh man thats nice, looks to be in great shape for the price too. 

If I did not have all these cars I would buy it and swap in the S52 I have sitting in the garage ... or the S54 and 6 speed next to it  devil

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
1/22/20 8:09 p.m.
RossD said:

E36 M3 got real, quick!

No, that's an E39. 

I crack myself up. 

golfduke
golfduke HalfDork
1/22/20 8:38 p.m.

On man, what I wouldn't give for a few interior parts from that bad boy...  same exact color combo as my 540i.  Nice move though, I approve!  

bentwrench
bentwrench SuperDork
1/22/20 8:59 p.m.

If that E39 was a wagon I'd double Stampies offer!  wink

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/23/20 11:59 a.m.

damn, around here those Style 5's are $800 a set before refinishing.

FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy HalfDork
1/23/20 12:05 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair :

Same.

Style 5's have gotten more popular it seems. Starting to see them more in the E30 community with everyone trying to do 5 lug swaps.

Good deal, though. Should be close to being able to double your money at a minimum once you tackle some of the issues. Another bright side is that junkyards are littered w/ E39s.

enginenerd
enginenerd Reader
1/23/20 12:13 p.m.

Nice score! I just sold my E39 project. Bought it for similar money and had some fun with it:

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/ratty-e39-530i-winter-beater-project/158940/page1/

As previously noted, you can find just about anything you need at self serve junkyards now. These cars have a surprising amount of modules so fixing the cluster may be a bit complex. 

infinitenexus
infinitenexus Reader
1/23/20 12:19 p.m.
pimpm3 said:

That's a strong offer but I think I will hold out for a little more.

$551 and lunch?

pimpm3
pimpm3 UltraDork
1/23/20 12:41 p.m.
AngryCorvair said:

That's kind of what I figured.  Worse case if the car explodes I have five style 5's with good tires to sell.

I may even sell the wheels separately and put some bobo wheels off of craigslist on it to maximize my profit.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/23/20 1:15 p.m.
pimpm3 said:
AngryCorvair said:

That's kind of what I figured.  Worse case if the car explodes I have five style 5's with good tires to sell.

I may even sell the wheels separately and put some bobo wheels off of craigslist on it to maximize my profit.

that is exactly what i would do, with an intermediate step of "install Style 5's on Corsa"

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
1/23/20 1:26 p.m.

If this was me doing it, I'd currently have $225.00 and no roll bar extension.

Good work!

golfduke
golfduke HalfDork
1/23/20 2:30 p.m.
ebonyandivory said:

If this was me doing it, I'd currently have $225.00 and no roll bar extension.

Good work!

I laughed really hard at this.  Same, friend.  Same...

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
1/23/20 2:36 p.m.

In reply to golfduke :

(thank you!)

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/23/20 4:24 p.m.
pimpm3 said:

And so it begins.  The roll bar extension just sold on Ebay.  

Step 1:  bought roll bar extension for $250

Step 2:  sold roll bar extension for $530 on Ebay.

$530.00 to spend minus shipping cost...

Wow.  Nice ROI there.

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps SuperDork
1/23/20 10:39 p.m.

Well done, BMW should be a quick flip, I am with Angry on Selling wheels seperate

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/26/20 2:26 p.m.

In reply to infinitenexus :

The soup counts

pimpm3
pimpm3 UltraDork
1/26/20 7:03 p.m.

I messed around with the bimmer today.  1st order of business is to figure out what exactly I bought.  The car is missing its radio but the trunk contained a nice sub and a JL amp.  Those will be sold on Ebay unless someone on here is looking for an old school 250/1 JL amp.

I tested it and it works great! I decided to freshen it up before listing it for sale.

Haven't figured out what I am going to do with the sub yet, its in pretty narrow box which may find a home in my 4runner...

I also pulled the spare.  I think I am going to disassemble it to restore it so I can sell it for top dollar.

pimpm3
pimpm3 UltraDork
1/26/20 7:05 p.m.

...in other news the roll bar extension arrived at the new owners.  He is excited and will be using it at an upcoming track day at VIR.  Glad it went to a good home!

mj_wils1970
mj_wils1970 New Reader
1/26/20 10:09 p.m.

It's cool what a plan and a goal can achieve yes

infinitenexus
infinitenexus Reader
1/27/20 7:03 a.m.

So you're parting out the car?  You should be able to make some serious cash that way, especially if you really part it out and sell every part - maybe even down to individual engine components, if some of those are valuable.  I think getting a few grand from this car is within reach.  You're making me want to try the same thing!

pimpm3
pimpm3 UltraDork
1/27/20 7:57 a.m.

Not parting the whole car. 

I am going to sell the amp and the wheels.  I will then use the money generated to buy cheaper wheels, and fix a couple of minor things with the car before I flip it.

davidnyc
davidnyc
1/27/20 2:32 p.m.

In reply to pimpm3 :

I am glad to help out in this. Without knowing. This is awesome. I am traveling for work and hope to have the rollbar on my Boxster soon. 

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cHhNASZL7jUu2vfD54Yt2aBza2yFbeGKdcq7HXr9qZk0rezwYsUXXiUK4AwMcylm