1 ... 3 4 5
pimpm3
pimpm3 UltraDork
2/19/20 8:11 p.m.

In reply to MrChaos :

If I go through the process of getting a title for it will be pretty valuable.  The only issue with that, is the amount of time it takes through the DMV. I just registered my club car and the process took over 2 months!

A quick flip might be the best option.

pimpm3
pimpm3 UltraDork
3/2/20 9:05 p.m.

So I sold four of the BBS wheels.  Two had been refinished as could be seen on the corvair the others were as they came on the 528i.  

Why did I sell them? Mainly because I made the mistake of leaving the ad up on Facebook after I put them on the Corvair.  Also the tires were the wrong size and I would need to swap them with the ones from the m3 wheels to prevent rubbing.

I still have one left. The guy that bought them was super excited and is putting them on a e46.  He is supposed to send me a picture after he finishes the other two wheels...

I think I will try to get 4 more in the future for the corvair, but for now I am happy to have the $500 towards my Cayman budget.

That puts me at one janky 6 seat golf cart,  $191.00 left over from the 528i and $500 from the wheels.  I still have one style 5 and the sub and amp.  So a couple extra parts, a golf cart and $691.00. Not to bad for 60 days worth of time and a used rollbar. 

I still have a way to go...

AnthonyGS
AnthonyGS GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/2/20 9:10 p.m.

I've seen some janky Cayman's listed below 10k...... time may be on your side there too.  I bet you can pull this off and next winter make it happen.  I am totally cheering for you!  If you can get a killer deal on a 98-02 F body drivetrain with T56, let me know and I may be your buyer. 

pimpm3
pimpm3 UltraDork
3/2/20 9:20 p.m.

I used some of my newfound cash to buy item number four.

My elderly neighbor contacted me about two cars he no longer needed.  This is the same guy who sold me a broken samurai several years ago...

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/12000-later-i-am-the-proud-owner-of-a-1988-suzuki-/78265/page1/

He recently bought a newer Tacoma and asked my wife if I still buy and sell cars.  She told him I did and got his number for me. I called him when I got back in town Saturday after a week long training in Georgia.

I ended up buying his 2004 Dakota quad cab 4x4 and his.... drum roll please, non running 1988 Isuzu Trooper 4x4.

It is in good shape and only has 145k miles.  I am pretty sure it needs a fuel pump after sitting for several years.

Moving it from his house was quite the production as it was pretty buried in the garage not to mention the whole not running thing.  We ended up towing it with the golf cart.  He was super helpful and did a great job steering it around all the trees in his yard despite being well into his 80's.

I gave him $400 for the Trooper.  He was quite happy with this price and would probably have taken less.  I think it was totally fair given the condition etc...

This one is as bit of a risk but these old Troopers have a following and a fuel pump is pretty cheap on rockauto.  Worse case I can part it out if the fuel pump doesn't fix it.

Eurotrash_Ranch
Eurotrash_Ranch New Reader
3/2/20 9:24 p.m.

In reply to pimpm3 :

I think you struck gold with that Trooper. You're going to quintuple your investment.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
3/2/20 9:40 p.m.

I know Jack E36 M3 about troopers, definitely don't have room for any more cars, and own one questionable SUV already.  I kinda want it. 

pimpm3
pimpm3 UltraDork
3/2/20 9:54 p.m.
Mndsm said:

I know Jack E36 M3 about troopers, definitely don't have room for any more cars, and own one questionable SUV already.  I kinda want it. 

Tom has one with a GM V6 which is much more adept at drag racing than my old 4-speed 1981 Land cruiser.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
3/3/20 6:18 a.m.

Nice Trooper! I have a shed full of parts if it's a V6. If it's a 4, then, uh, the next drag race is going to be even worse for you!

The fuel pump is an hour job start to finish btw. Super easy on these. 

ebelements
ebelements Reader
3/3/20 12:00 p.m.

Just chiming in for moral support! I love this thread. 

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/3/20 12:03 p.m.

looking like some solid potential!  Any luck finding a 987.2 at any auctions?  I've been casually watching craigslist and fb for a while now and if I didn't know better, I'd say they don't even exist!

pimpm3
pimpm3 UltraDork
3/3/20 2:23 p.m.
Lof8 - Andy said:

looking like some solid potential!  Any luck finding a 987.2 at any auctions?  I've been casually watching craigslist and fb for a while now and if I didn't know better, I'd say they don't even exist!

I don't want to get to far ahead of myself.  There are only two on the manheim app at the moment that are not automatics.  It's crazy how few there are for sale relative to the 987.1's.

AnthonyGS
AnthonyGS GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/3/20 2:29 p.m.

987.2s came out when the economy was hurting.  They and 997.2s are hard to find and command a substantial premium if you do find them.  

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/3/20 3:40 p.m.
Eurotrash_Ranch said:

In reply to pimpm3 :

I think you struck gold with that Trooper. 

Yep, Champagne Gold (which I'm pretty sure is what that color was called).

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/11/20 10:03 p.m.

In reply to pimpm3 :

Here’s a rather scruffy Cayman S for $8k obo.

pimpm3
pimpm3 UltraDork
3/12/20 6:01 a.m.

That is a rather rough Cayman. I love the fact that it is surrounded by chickens in the one picture on Facebook.

I am not at the point where I can get one yet.  I am still a few steps away at best.

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/15/20 4:53 p.m.

Sold the Sub and amp today for $160 on Facebook.

That puts me a one old trooper, a janky 6 seat golf cart and $451.00. 

Still have a ways to go...

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
4/15/20 5:19 p.m.

Skip the Porsche and have the best time ever at your local mud pit! A 4x4 SUV, a lifted golf cart and $451 of beer money would make you king!!

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
4/15/20 5:33 p.m.

Hahaha.  I actually am thinking of passing on a Cayman for now and picking up the mint GSR integra I sold my buddy last year.  Cheap consumables and no depreciation might be a good thing given the current financial climate. 

Especially if I pick up a new Gladiator like I am thinking...

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/15/20 6:48 p.m.

In reply to pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) :

I was thinking the opposite.  The Trooper will appeal to the practical sort needing a reliable SUV so might be in more demand.  The Cayman will be a toy someone wants to get rid of for cash flow.

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
4/30/20 5:35 p.m.

So as usual I changed my mind.

I am not buying a Gladiator.  I am not buying my buddies GSR.

I did buy a car that will fulfill the point of this thread but it's a bit early in the process to pay for it entirely with the proceeds generated by the roll bar sale.

I intend to continue on my path until I reach the purchase price of my new to me car.  I intend to get there before the end of the year as I original planned.

Stay tuned...

In reply to pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) :

YES!!!!  Photos.

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/1/20 1:29 p.m.

Oooohh. Is it a 987.2?  We need details!

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/1/20 2:26 p.m.
Lof8 - Andy said:

Oooohh. Is it a 987.2?  We need details!

see the other thread, its a clownshoe

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
5/1/20 7:41 p.m.

It is a 2000 m coupe.

1 ... 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pWnzbAPuflZZReHkOnZYsgIKB0LKaYtFY1cWiSwrIvpVTJC3obhPXKlDmJF2pQ7N