1 2
digdug18
digdug18 Reader
3/18/10 11:54 p.m.

Well I don't know how much you have or have not read on integra's at the 2 sites I provided for you, but everything from the firewall forward is the same, between the 4 door and 2 door, so finding parts in that regard is a little easier.

Alot of the civic parts swap over pretty easy, I've got del sol seats in mine.

I guess just basically read and read some more, there on those sites, there are lots of excellent build threads, helpful guides, and informative people. Join, and go from there.

Andrew

Autolex
Autolex HalfDork
3/19/10 7:43 a.m.

canoe warning us about other canoes?

seeker589
seeker589 Reader
3/19/10 9:44 a.m.

In reply to digdug18:

I have visited both sites and from what I have seen they are very good sources of info.

The volume of data and experiences dedicated to just the Integra on these sites is just amazing.

This platform is quite loved from what I have read. The people are quite serious, too. I hope they have room for a message board member with a strange sense of humor.

IMGT3_Performance
IMGT3_Performance None
3/19/10 9:51 a.m.

enjoy the teggy!

I love my DC5. Reliable, strong aftermarket support, and fun to drive.

digdug18
digdug18 Reader
3/19/10 10:01 a.m.

Well that depends on the message board.

team-integra hates riced out cars with a passion, and have no sympathy for questions regarding automatic transmissions, their standard answer being to swap to a manual. The forum owner/head moderator as well tends to be a dick at times regarding simple questions. They also require you to become a search nazi before posting a question, then after you have spent 30 minutes searching for the topic you can post and might not get flamed for using the wrong keyword in your search topic that was covered 3 years ago.

clubintegra.com seems to have more of a ricer following, you'll find the led taillight modifications, halo headlights and things of that nature to generally bling out your ride in a ever growing distasteful way. They have less how to guides then the latter site, and many topics are covered over and over with out being flamed too often for not searching. They also have a weird picture policy for selling items, you MUST include your screen name, the current date, and what the item is on a piece of paper in the photo of whatever your selling. So keep it in mind if you want to sell something on the site.

Both site have an affinity for carbon fiber everything, and praise how light weight it is, even though after 3 months of use the hoods often look like crap, turning sun faded and otherwise ugly due to the environment. You won't find anyone painting said carbon fiber so that this won't happen, although after some time these said people get their cars stolen having invested $5k in the car in aftermarket goodies, with the exception of an alarm.

That being said they are both excellent site with their own drawbacks but if you need help installing a transmission or engine, or whatever your doing, post on the local forums for the site and many people will offer to help you on a given weekend.

Andrew

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WEm9RRNX20V42WrVGi3E7z7s0ZvfCIr6v2nQRfzZaW248aye763hoiBLPkMlVIMQ