wrongwheeldrive
wrongwheeldrive New Reader
9/18/12 11:57 a.m.

Is there any way to tune a DPFI Honda Engine(D15B2)?

Megasquirt? Chipping the PM5 ECU? Anything?

I know the limited prep GP guys in autocross are running the DPFI engine, how are they handling engine management?

I imagine I will have to do a bunch of trailblazing to get anything to work, but before I hear "just convert to MPFI/PM6", I'll let you know it is not an option for me.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave MegaDork
9/18/12 12:00 p.m.

There was rumor of some guys playing with MS, but I don't know if they ever did. No reason it wouldn't work though.

Nashco
Nashco UltraDork
9/18/12 12:02 p.m.

Is there a specific change you're making that will require tuning? Can you use something like a piggyback? Sounds like you're rules-limited, is there a cost factor involved here? How good do you need the tune to be dialed in? Are you able to change hardware to allow for more fuel and/or airflow?

Might be easy ways to accomplish your end goal, but you've left it pretty vague.

Bryce

wrongwheeldrive
wrongwheeldrive New Reader
9/18/12 12:20 p.m.

So this coming year I am bringing a knife to a gunfight and competing locally in STC with my 1990 DX civic sedan. I ran it in HS this year and did rather well, but I want to make it a bit more fun both on the road and through the cones.

I already have koni's an exhaust and a rear bar on the car, and I amassed all the parts I need for a STC build for almost nothing(Springs, GC coilover sleeves, LCA's, A-arms, 15x7.5's with R1R's, an intake, and a header). The suspension will be right there with the si's, but the power most obviously will not.

So I am looking for a solution to make up some of that power deficit, and ECU is obviously where it will be. Cost is a factor, as this is my cheap beater/fun car. I can get my hands on a broken megasquirt for free that needs some fixing, but am open to other ideas too.

I was thinking tuning for corn or just to better support the added flow from the intake and header can make up some of the gap.

Any solutions would have to fit under SCCA solo rules for STC.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave MegaDork
9/18/12 1:11 p.m.

No standalone ECU's in ST. Best bet is probably some kind of piggyback.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fl26PLi4E2dt8dekMJ7Vov51V6jredkMwayN3OpsU38i1h4rqFpvCDYKe5aQxeHw