FordGT40
FordGT40 New Reader
1/16/15 3:11 p.m.

Why have the podcasts abruptly stopped at 40? I still have the last 3 saved and haven't listened to them yet so maybe it's explained in one of those but I really hope they haven't stopped for good. The GRM podcasts are awesome - just like an audio version of the magazine. Please tell me they are just taking a short break!

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
1/16/15 3:42 p.m.

Winter break. Got some folks lined up and a couple in the can and they should start gracing your player again within a few days.

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/16/15 4:00 p.m.
JG Pasterjak wrote: Winter break. Got some folks lined up and a couple in the can and they should start gracing your player again within a few days.

Slalom
Slalom New Reader
1/16/15 6:05 p.m.

Good to know! If you're open to suggestions I could imagine some interesting discussion with some of the sim racing folks. I feel like there could be many people around GRM who could thoroughly enjoy simulated racing. I have a suspicion that sim racing could be slowly joining karting as a gateway to racing. Just a thought.

Lancer007
Lancer007 Dork
1/16/15 10:36 p.m.

I was just gonna ask the same thing. I finally got caught up this week.

On a side note, the Warren Mosler episode was great.

GPz11
GPz11 New Reader
1/17/15 6:43 a.m.

I've been wondering the same thing. Looking forward to their return.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
1/17/15 9:41 a.m.
Lancer007 wrote: I was just gonna ask the same thing. I finally got caught up this week. On a side note, the Warren Mosler episode was great.

I like Warren a lot. He's been a good friend to the magazine for the entire run. Has some ideas that are certainly outside the mainstream when it comes to economics and, well, pretty much everything, but he's insanely smart and not afraid of his opinions at all. Read his economic papers sometime. There's some really interesting stuff there. Bet you didn't know that a guy that built a 200mph supercar supports a 50mph national speed limit and radically expanded public transportation options.

And sorry about the podcast just disappearing like that. Unfortunately there's no email list to send out and say "Hey we're taking a break for the holidays and trade show season because everyone is running around with their hair on fire."

CrashDummy
CrashDummy Reader
1/17/15 1:59 p.m.

I've also been missing the podcast; glad to hear it's coming back! I really enjoyed the Mosler episode, but I found him to have a huge ego. "The only reason his car got bad reviews is because the magazines lied. The only reason they didn't win every race is because the sanctioning body had it in for him. The only reason he didn't win the election is because of fraud. The only person who understands economics is him." Get over yourself.

You guys should try to get Ken Schrader. I've heard that the former NASCAR Cup Series driver has been doing Lemons recently....

jv8
jv8 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
1/17/15 2:49 p.m.

I was really trying to wrap my head around Mosler's comments regarding how we need more government debt. I see how it could redistribute wealth but not how it would help the economy as a whole. I mean let's print a million for each taxpayer. Can we all instantly move into a new mcmansion? But hey, I'm no macro economist.

Got a paper on that topic?

pav5069
pav5069 New Reader
1/18/15 4:07 p.m.

Ahhh this is great news!! I was just about to post this

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CZ6lOaon6dVvmZrbxtUtd5k1JxJF9m0XozrLzGcpFsEWho0LwFzolVJCZTHEJcDR