Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar SuperDork
11/12/14 10:51 a.m.
feature_image

This is something we've been meaning to do for a long time: power wash the chassis of our Miata. It's not strictly necessary, but when working underneath the car, it's more pleasant when we can come out without incredible layers of dirt and grime on our bodies. Both our previous races featured plenty of rain, which means plenty of …

Read the rest of the story

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/12/14 11:03 a.m.

I made myself a little underside powerwashing rig:

Works pretty good. With a non-lowered vehicle, it fits right underneath without the need to jack it up. And since it sprays straight up, it can hit areas that would be tough to hit without putting the car on a lift. Incidentally, I coated the wood with that Rust-O-Leum "Never Wet" stuff. So far, so good.

americanwashing
americanwashing None
6/18/15 10:51 p.m.

Wow! Awesome powerwashing rig! Much better for cleaning the underneath of a car. :D

JohnyHachi6
JohnyHachi6 Dork
6/19/15 12:13 a.m.

In reply to Tom_Spangler:

Sweet! Where can I get the fittings for the pressure washer connections? I have the same ones on Dewalt washer.

glueguy
glueguy GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/19/15 8:23 a.m.

Dude that is awesome. More pics of the fittings. I never thought about doing something like this but that's just way cool.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/19/15 9:49 a.m.
JohnyHachi6 wrote: In reply to Tom_Spangler: Sweet! Where can I get the fittings for the pressure washer connections? I have the same ones on Dewalt washer.

Pressure washers typically use straight-through fittings like the Parker ST series.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-quick-disconnect-hose-couplings/=xoxcn2

Listed as "High Flow" on mcmaster.

JohnyHachi6
JohnyHachi6 Dork
6/19/15 9:54 a.m.

Sweet, nice and cheap too. Figured any McMaster-sourced fittings would be super expensive.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UberDork
6/19/15 10:08 a.m.

Build thread!

I wonder if you could "T" the pipe at the end instead of that fitting and drill a bunch of holes in it if you needed it to be much lower profile for a lowered vehicle.

TIGMOTORSPORTS
TIGMOTORSPORTS HalfDork
6/19/15 5:35 p.m.

YOU! are brilliant

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing Dork
6/19/15 7:01 p.m.

Nice. I was looking at something like this for several hundred bucks....

But then I found this for around $40.00

americanwashing
americanwashing New Reader
7/2/15 3:14 a.m.
Tom_Spangler wrote: I made myself a little underside powerwashing rig: Works pretty good. With a non-lowered vehicle, it fits right underneath without the need to jack it up. And since it sprays straight up, it can hit areas that would be tough to hit without putting the car on a lift. Incidentally, I coated the wood with that Rust-O-Leum "Never Wet" stuff. So far, so good.

Wow! Impressive powerwashing rig you have there!

CharlesE
CharlesE New Reader
7/2/15 4:58 a.m.

In reply to jimbob_racing:

I looked up a link for the $ 44 unit shown. Nice find.

http://www.pwmall.com/p-139965-85_400_062-16-undercarriage-cleaner-4000-psi-14-qc-inlet.aspx

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fIUbSgmAze81R8dqT06yAdni5SU6QigYMIr52w5htDpuyzE5kic0QGdKdRT1eYWv