1 2 3 4
iceracer
iceracer PowerDork
3/6/14 8:44 a.m.

The area code for the phone is Yonkers NY. There has been a similar track built in upstate NY. Called the "New York Safety Track". Phone is NYC. Has landing strip. Registered airport. similarities are curious.

There is going to be a track day in late May.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UltraDork
3/6/14 5:57 p.m.

I'm driving up that way to sebring next week. Maybe I'll make a detour and check it out and snap some pics. That whole area south of Okeechobee is gross. They would have to have some nice on site lodging for me to even consider otherwise it's camping in nature's hot breath.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/6/14 9:11 p.m.
DirtyBird222 wrote: I'm driving up that way to sebring next week. Maybe I'll make a detour and check it out and snap some pics. That whole area south of Okeechobee is gross. They would have to have some nice on site lodging for me to even consider otherwise it's camping in nature's hot breath.

Excellent! GRM recon.

getfast
getfast Reader
1/23/15 11:47 a.m.

So, it's for sale as per an email they just sent me.

"The track is on ~400 acres, access by car or plane (there is a landing strip), it has a workshop and storage space, meeting room with kitchenette, observation deck, water/AC etc."

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Clewiston,+FL/@26.5099068,-81.0428661,1929m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x88dbe388101f68a5:0x4d82dc0b2fc7ae0d

Asking price is $10m. Uh... wow.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/23/15 12:29 p.m.

$10 Million, LOL. Upper Marlboro is a better deal, you could at least sell it to developers.

I wouldn't offer more then 450k based on location and lack of facilities

getfast
getfast Reader
1/23/15 12:31 p.m.

50 people at 200k each. C'mon guys!

Seriously, agreed - they're dreaming. They're also staying totally anonymous (and sending from a gmail address) which makes me think it's a joke...

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/23/15 12:36 p.m.

I got an email from them very recently as well. Didn't even bother responding. Now I'm especially glad I didn't.

bearmtnmartin
bearmtnmartin GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/23/15 12:42 p.m.

This is a timely thread because it looks like one local to me is about to go ahead.

http://www.area27.ca/facility/

Or at least they have cleared some major hurdles. Jacques Villeneuve has his stamp on it. Its also a lot cheaper.

http://www.area27.ca/membership/

Lof8
Lof8 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/19/17 4:17 p.m.
Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
2/20/17 9:10 a.m.

Perhaps they don't really want to sell, as the facility (airstrip) are currently more profitable than a track would be. From what I hear......there is $$ to be made in the "import / export" industry down there....

Although I thought most of that stopped in the 80's. Road Atlanta's history during that time was pretty interesting.....

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA SuperDork
2/20/17 9:32 a.m.
Joe Gearin wrote: Perhaps they don't really want to sell, as the facility (airstrip) are currently more profitable than a track would be. From what I hear......there is $$ to be made in the "import / export" industry down there.... Although I thought most of that stopped in the 80's. Road Atlanta's history during that time was pretty interesting.....

Everybody's history was pretty interesting during that time. For a while the joke was IMSA stood for International Marijuana Smugglers Association.

RedGT
RedGT HalfDork
2/20/17 10:02 a.m.

It's 1.5 hours from Miami/Boca Raton/Palm Beach/Naples/Ft Meyers. All the south florida cities. Sure seems like the market should exist for an exotic car playground for the rich in that location.

3PDLWGN
3PDLWGN None
12/20/17 10:27 p.m.

Does anyone have any updated information about this track? The sale link mentioned earlier is no longer live but I've reached out to the realtor nonetheless. Also emailed the address mentioned earlier. Thanks in advance!

getfast
getfast Reader
12/21/17 7:25 a.m.
RedGT said:

It's 1.5 hours from Miami/Boca Raton/Palm Beach/Naples/Ft Meyers. All the south florida cities. Sure seems like the market should exist for an exotic car playground for the rich in that location.

One would think, but there's already an undersubscribed event most every day at Palm Beach or Homestead-Miami it seems like. The market is too saturated as-is, imho (and I held events down there for 4 years.)

getfast
getfast Reader
12/21/17 7:26 a.m.
3PDLWGN said:

Does anyone have any updated information about this track? The sale link mentioned earlier is no longer live but I've reached out to the realtor nonetheless. Also emailed the address mentioned earlier. Thanks in advance!

privateracetrack at gmail is the address I got a reply from nearly 3 years ago now. Good luck

44Dwarf
44Dwarf UltraDork
12/21/17 11:23 a.m.

Holy back from the dead threads.....

https://www.pacermonitor.com/public/case/20119959/Seminole_Tracks,_Inc

Looks like they went belly up this summer.  :(

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/21/17 12:41 p.m.

That is how All race tracks become profitable. Created and saddled with heavy debt then someone scoops it up for penny’s on the dollar debt free. 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
12/23/17 11:22 a.m.

There are a few "private" tracks in Florida. That one isn't ringing any bells with me, though. 

Lof8
Lof8 GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/23/17 1:10 p.m.

I’ve been out to this track to “explore”. There was not a single tire mark on the whole thing. Appeared completely unused, but the grounds were very well maintained. 

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA SuperDork
12/28/17 2:42 p.m.

There seems to be an awful lot of the overhead photo scrubbed out.

aw614
aw614 New Reader
8/9/18 10:43 a.m.

Bumping this up, I saw this posted on a Sarasota/Bradenton facebook group, but if you enter the following coordinates does this look like a track track of some sort?

27°27’13.60”N 82°22’48.13”w

Lof8
Lof8 GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/9/18 11:04 a.m.

In reply to aw614 :

That’s pretty interesting. I’m in Bradenton. Are you local to the area?  What’s the fb group that was discussing this place?  I may have to go take a look!

aw614
aw614 New Reader
8/9/18 11:08 a.m.
Lof8 said:

In reply to aw614 :

That’s pretty interesting. I’m in Bradenton. Are you local to the area?  What’s the fb group that was discussing this place?  I may have to go take a look!

Im in Tampa, but it was posted the SRQCDE Open Discussion group. I wonder if it was a Kart Track or something. 

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA SuperDork
8/9/18 7:34 p.m.

Looks like crop circles with a large anus southeast of the "track."

759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
8/10/18 8:33 a.m.

Pretty recognizable on the latest google map .....just a hop skip and a spit west of the  Devil's Garden Mud Club. Oh and if you get tired of stringing laps together you might be able to book an anaconda night time hunt ......season's open 24/7  

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oMzsfPxWzbLPn4OJFpthnOkbfxFroYASfqaoXtRVSxasvu9nzJO6oEJe179Zsddy