Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
8/11/20 9:37 a.m.
feature_image

Brakes are arguably the most important part of a race car (or at least a race car’s survival), but we’ll admit to sharing a common blind spot with most of the paddock: Our tow vehicles. 

Seriously: Despite pouring days of analysis, wrenching, data collection and more analysis into our race car’s brakes, we never gave much thought to the system …

Read the rest of the story

irish44j (Forum Supporter)
irish44j (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/11/20 4:09 p.m.

I have run Hawk HPS on my tow rig (Sequoia) for years with no complaints. I know they are not supposed to be a towing/truck pad but I found that they were a major improvement over some heavy-duty pads I bought from other manufacturer previously.

Working on a Miata again after playing exclusively with 4x4s for years was such a treat. Oh this wheel + tire doesn't weigh 85 lbs?! How nice. 

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
8/11/20 5:03 p.m.

I had lts pads on both of my gmt900's and I don't like them. I've tried to, but just can't. Greasy feel on my Avalanche and almost too grippy on my suburban.

mad_machine (Forum Supporter)
mad_machine (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/11/20 8:54 p.m.

I have Hawk HPS pads and DBA rotors on my Disco.  Made a huge difference over the stock (and worn out) brakes

pilotbraden
pilotbraden UltraDork
8/11/20 10:31 p.m.

I reckon that y'all  are correct.  Shytead me wore these to this level before replacing.  If you get a magnifying glass you can see about .5mm of brake pad on the top side. I got the full life from  it  . 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
U8luxM1KR7PYBpoYS4vRBUye87PaQQYrU5ai9EsWkWYS69kjrg7BnlgFumpxkAEA