Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar Associate Editor
5/30/12 8:15 a.m.

Before we added those new coil-overs, we took the Fiesta for a track day at Daytona.

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/project-cars/2012-ford-fiesta/day-track/

Woody
Woody UltimaDork
5/30/12 8:24 a.m.

Every time I see a thread about this car, I'm expecting this:

alfadriver
alfadriver UberDork
5/30/12 9:12 a.m.

It's projects like this that makes me want to get a Fiesta or Focus to take out on the track instead of my GTV....

(that, and the fire i had a few years ago- scared me a little)

failboat
failboat Dork
5/30/12 10:24 a.m.

oh darn. now you need new tires

ransom
ransom Dork
5/30/12 10:32 a.m.

Seriously, it burps fuel out the filler when you toss it around?

Sounds like the sort of thing that shouldn't be an issue for most people most of the time, but ten years from now they'll all be mysteriously missing a strip of paint right there...

jstein77
jstein77 Dork
5/30/12 10:55 a.m.
Woody wrote: *Every* time I see a thread about this car, I'm expecting this:

Same car, right?

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UberDork
5/30/12 10:58 a.m.
Woody wrote: *Every* time I see a thread about this car, I'm expecting this:

Really? Cuz I think of this:

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
5/30/12 10:59 a.m.
ransom wrote: Seriously, it burps fuel out the filler when you toss it around? Sounds like the sort of thing that *shouldn't* be an issue for *most* people *most* of the time, but ten years from now they'll all be mysteriously missing a strip of paint right there...

I'm going to think that it's not a problem for 99.9% of the world's population. Don't forget, we hit the track with a full tank of gas, and the fuel filler was on the outside for our three big turns.

Cole_Trickle
Cole_Trickle Reader
5/30/12 11:41 a.m.
David S. Wallens wrote:
ransom wrote: Seriously, it burps fuel out the filler when you toss it around? Sounds like the sort of thing that *shouldn't* be an issue for *most* people *most* of the time, but ten years from now they'll all be mysteriously missing a strip of paint right there...

I'm going to think that it's not a problem for 99.9% of the world's population. Don't forget, we hit the track with a full tank of gas, and the fuel filler was on the outside for our three big turns.

Im guessing that the Fiesta has the cap-less filler that Ford is putting on nowdays? I just ask because mine sloshes out some in the Fusion.

Javelin
Javelin UltimaDork
5/30/12 11:57 a.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: I'm going to think that it's not a problem for 99.9% of the world's population. Don't forget, we hit the track with a full tank of gas, and the fuel filler was on the outside for our three big turns.

I see fuel splashed down the side of new Fords all the damn time. This is definitely a problem for regular people. The local NAPA is making a killing selling caps for the damn things, too.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
5/30/12 12:55 p.m.

Hmmm, maybe I stand corrected.

iceracer
iceracer UltraDork
5/30/12 5:39 p.m.

I don't have a problem with mine. People try to top up, on these you can't. When the pump clicks off, it is full.

2011 Fiesta SE.

novaderrik
novaderrik SuperDork
5/30/12 8:55 p.m.

since the capless fuel cap got mentioned- what is Ford's fix for people that drive on a lot of gravel roads that push a little bit more dirt into the tank every time they get gas? a little here and a little there would add up to a pretty hefty pile of sediment on the bottom of the tank- and in the filter and in the pump- over the lifetime of a car..

FOwmolsqvbqrUFszdUBacJLjLrmC5iDz