GrantMLS
GrantMLS Reader
3/5/12 8:43 a.m.

Ok for the fat.. Anyway, I need some cheap basic seats.. I was looking at the basic poly seats that run around 40.00 at place like summit - how well do they hold up? Any recommendations?

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
3/5/12 8:57 a.m.

Not cheap- but being of the larger variety myself I've found Corbeaus to be really nice. Hold up good too.

darkbuddha
darkbuddha Reader
3/5/12 11:51 a.m.

Several seat manufacturers sell "wide" versions of their seats, but if you're like me and could stand to loose the equivalent of a 6th grader, even those aren't "wide" enough. But you might check out some of the "big boy" seats made by companies that build circle track seats, like Butler, Kirkey, Ultra Shield, etc. You can find a bunch of them at Pit Stop USA: http://pitstopusa.com/c-131973-seats-circle-track-seats.html

docwyte
docwyte Reader
3/5/12 1:23 p.m.

Not cheap, but the "big" seats that I fit in are Cobra Suzuka GT, Cobra Imola GT, Recaro SPG XL and Sparco Evo 2+.

pigeon
pigeon SuperDork
3/5/12 4:15 p.m.
docwyte wrote: Not cheap, but the "big" seats that I fit in are Cobra Suzuka GT, Cobra Imola GT, Recaro SPG XL and Sparco Evo 2+.

How about the RaceTech 4009W, 2 of which are waiting to go into my M3? Also not cheap but good solid seats.

docwyte
docwyte Reader
3/5/12 4:54 p.m.

Forgot about those, Racetech makes a great seat.

GrantMLS
GrantMLS Reader
3/5/12 6:48 p.m.

Wow. Yeah that's a little to much money... Any grassroots answers??? :)

BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture HalfDork
3/5/12 7:20 p.m.

I'm dealing with the same issue. Im 6'1 265 and need Grassroots seats for the rally car.

Good luck with your search, because I'll I can find are $400+ seats.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
F39PfJKIBw93ed5Upx3G9oRjEgDbHO22ub7ffWTVyc9WdckXlFkz2hm3dPjodzNc