Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
7/24/18 10:59 a.m.

What if we said that you could have true on-track data acquisition running conveniently through your phone? The Racepak Vantage CL1 makes that happen.

While walking the floor at the 2017 SEMA Show, the Racepak CL1 Vantage system first caught our eye. It’s a complete data acquisition system that uses a cell phone as an in-car display.

Data is relayed …

Read the rest of the story

Jaynen
Jaynen UltraDork
7/24/18 6:18 p.m.

No mention of price? (on sale its just under 600) without the phone or tablet or the cloud service account

I wonder how this compares to the Apex Track Coach which has a 10hz GPS 9 axis IMU gyroscope and accelerometer. 

That might not get the car sensor data from OBD however, but will build a model to actively in real time help train the drivers "butt dyno"

However it also supports a crew view on IOS to share live lap data also

trucke
trucke SuperDork
7/25/18 7:00 a.m.

That system appears to be pretty amazing.  For a price reference my G-Analyst cost $400 back in 1991.  That is about $735 today adjusted for inflation.  Technology is truly amazing!

Stock image of G-Analyst.

CompetitionComponentsLLC
CompetitionComponentsLLC New Reader
7/27/18 3:10 p.m.

As a comparison, check out the Apex Pro.  It offers a tremendous amount of capability and real time information, is autonomous, and can be easily used in different vehicles.  

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
7/27/18 3:50 p.m.
Jaynen said:

No mention of price? (on sale its just under 600) without the phone or tablet or the cloud service account

I wonder how this compares to the Apex Track Coach which has a 10hz GPS 9 axis IMU gyroscope and accelerometer. 

That might not get the car sensor data from OBD however, but will build a model to actively in real time help train the drivers "butt dyno"

However it also supports a crew view on IOS to share live lap data also

Someone who is clever can build an Arduino that has the same accelerometers and a 20 Hz gps. 

I guess I need to make that project I started 7 years ago. 

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia Reader
7/27/18 5:24 p.m.

Design an Arduino one ,  it would be fun to play with :)

in a few years there will be a better GPS that will get down to inches , that is what they will use for self driving cars........and tractors etc

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AI0vVMhAieT525vJeFX8vgwkPzN2Ur2zkfyyQCMNzCbnnZBx89BK6gIGtRPEE8jU