Grtechguy
Grtechguy SuperDork
12/28/08 7:43 p.m.

fun times.

I was expecting the Ken Block jump.

pete240z
pete240z HalfDork
12/28/08 7:48 p.m.

in my wife's mind, that is how I drive.....

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
12/28/08 8:24 p.m.

Omg.. have you seen this jump of this guy from the xgames.. he drives a subaru... i think.. it's so big..

maybe at an airforce base...

cwh
cwh Dork
12/28/08 8:59 p.m.

I really wonder how many NASCAR drivers could do this. That can reallt separate the real drivers from the posers.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg HalfDork
12/28/08 8:59 p.m.

I have been involved with a lot of rallys in Oz, one of my buddies is this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaNDVOiQOko

Simon never missed being the guy who did the biggest jump.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/28/08 9:08 p.m.

I wonder what my longest jump in a car has been. 1 or two feet perhaps?

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
12/28/08 9:54 p.m.

wow...that is a corolla?

Winter stage rallies FTW...if you can be fast at a snow rally, you can be fast anywhere.

Carson
Carson HalfDork
12/28/08 10:07 p.m.
cwh wrote: I really wonder how many NASCAR drivers could do this. That can reallt separate the real drivers from the posers.

A few years ago I saw a Race of Champions with a NASCAR driver, Jimmie Johnson maybe, it was a rally Super-Special Stage. He did alright, Michael Schumacher destroyed him, but he did alright.

Opus
Opus HalfDork
12/29/08 12:11 a.m.
ignorant wrote: Omg.. have you seen this jump of this guy from the xgames.. he drives a subaru... i think.. it's so big.. maybe at an airforce base...

Travis Pastrana? Used his dirt bike to get the speed figured out and then went for it at the X games (el toro I think)

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
12/29/08 1:54 a.m.
Grtechguy wrote: I was expecting the Ken Block jump.

It's in there, for about 2 seconds. I think it was at around :38 or something.

RedS13Coupe
RedS13Coupe New Reader
12/29/08 2:46 a.m.

Man, I remember a few years ago watching the WRC they went from team to team interviewing drivers about jumps.

Each driver gave a variation of explaining that cars are always faster on the ground, so the trick is to slow down enough that the car can get back to accelerating as soon as possible with out loosing too much speed.

Until they get to Petter, who says that slowing for jumps looses to much time due to mistakes in judgement, so he goes for every jump flat out I miss old (young) Petter Solberg.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
24yoTTMgeqTWeOSDR1zRHO7kfnLiIMnuwuc60Aa7o37xFGiKGovfLmHCA6DS3QO9