1 2
FooBag
FooBag GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/16/18 9:47 a.m.
eastsideTim said:

In reply to FooBag :

I thought the class had a track width to height ratio requirement.  I’ll have to read the final rules.  I kind of gave up when I saw the no V8 part, as I had been thinking a C4 Vettekart would be a fun entry, and relatively cheap.

You are correct; my wording could have been a bit better.  I was saying I'm allowed to let tall, narrow vehicles run in any class but Constructors if I so choose as a RSS. I think allowing the RSS's some discretion on what runs in Constructors wouldn't be a bad idea.  I'm certainly not at all concerned about having a caged IMCA car run in Constructors just because the cage hasn't been inspected by a SCCA scrutineer.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltraDork
3/16/18 10:35 a.m.

In reply to FooBag :

Ahh, I understand now.  As a general rule, outside of a few safety requirements, I’d hope  the class would be pretty much wide open

fidelity101
fidelity101 UltraDork
3/16/18 11:36 a.m.

so everyone wants side by sides and UTVs or crosskarts to be in these classes and they are not allowed - where are the events that are strictly for these things? It seems to be that there is a need for this or it exists and nobody knows about it.

I know the Canadian rally circuit will allow these SxS vehicles and with recent photos of sandblast looks like NASA allows it but thats about it. I don't think I wanna stage rally one of these but there has to be some other level of competition with these beasts.

gearheadmb
gearheadmb Dork
3/16/18 11:44 a.m.
fidelity101
fidelity101 UltraDork
3/16/18 12:28 p.m.
NGTD
NGTD UberDork
3/16/18 8:45 p.m.
fidelity101 said:

I know the Canadian rally circuit will allow these SxS vehicles and with recent photos of sandblast looks like NASA allows it but thats about it. I don't think I wanna stage rally one of these but there has to be some other level of competition with these beasts.

Only the NASA sanctioned Quebec series allows SxS and ATV's. CARS (the national body) gets it's insurance via the FIA and the FIA will not permit the use of SxS's or ATV`s (or so I have been told). 

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/16/18 8:52 p.m.

Tar Heel Sports Car club lets SxS's run.

irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
3/16/18 9:59 p.m.
MrChaos said:
irish44j said:

In other news, sounds like SCCA is going to start a new UTV "rallycross" series next year, where you can use off-the-shelf UTVs and stuff like that. This new series will NOT be part of the current rallycross program, though. It will have separate events and separate venues.

Aka something that will likely have very little participation because rallycross is so small in most regions already.  And here there are no less than 5 OHV areas in a 4 hr radius where they go anyway and most of those have race series for utv's anyway. Like ETRSCCA has Windrock, Carolina region has Uwharrie.

Guess it depends. Our rallycross events max out anyhow....we don't need UTVs or "Modified" class. I thin kthe UTV series is more focused on areas that may have less rallycross interest per se, but more UTVs and stuff already owned (i.e. rural areas in flyover states?). IDK, I don't much care. I just posted it as FYI. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AaLFK34a9XBsDngPKhLkfShZurFFkXZ7gRLQbQVSVJemjpgxpOn6khJOQxqcdEJ6