Apis Mellifera
Apis Mellifera HalfDork
6/26/16 5:47 p.m.

Went to look at an MGTD in Supply, NC and this stuff was in the yard:

He had some TR250s and 4s, a BE Sprite, the TD, and a Jensen Healey.

Still looking for a good TD.. or big Healey, or TR3, or 55-57 Tbird...

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/27/16 7:02 a.m.

With an arched back like that, it reminds me of a dog dropping a deuce.

stan
stan GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/27/16 7:03 a.m.

Looks like a fun place to look around.

...and that TR3 looks to be the definition of "yard art" (but my neighbors would probably disagree).

dherr
dherr GRM+ Memberand New Reader
6/27/16 7:21 a.m.

Is the frame bent in half, or did it just rust through in the middle and the owners stacked it in that manner. I looks like the tire is sitting on what remains of the frame....Anything is restorable, but the TR6's and TR4 look like the better option here, that is definitely the worst TR3 I have ever seen and I have seen a few of them!

Might make a good challenge car, you could drop the body parts on a custom frame......

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
6/27/16 7:27 a.m.

Apis, have you ever looked at the 914 parked at "Just Brakes" on River Rd in Southport? Looks like there is a secret junkyard behind there when you look at it on Google Maps. I have no idea what they have back there and didn't realize until just now that there was a back there.

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
6/27/16 7:50 a.m.

We had a CJ-5 that did the opposite after pulling it off of a trailer.

Sonic
Sonic SuperDork
6/27/16 8:05 a.m.
Apis Mellifera wrote: Still looking for a good TD.. or big Healey, or TR3, or 55-57 Tbird...

What sort of condition cars are you looking for? I'm about to put both my MGA and my mothers MGTF up for sale. Both are good drivers and look good enough for local shows, TF needs a little more than the A. Located near Philly and Boston.

RedGT
RedGT HalfDork
6/27/16 8:36 a.m.

In reply to dherr:

My guess would be that they went to pick it up with a fork truck, the front and rear just fell off under their own weight, so they said berkeley it and left it right there. That's what I want to believe anyway.

Apis Mellifera
Apis Mellifera HalfDork
6/27/16 9:36 a.m.

Sent you an email, Sonic.

If anyone is interested, the guy is asking $40k for all the cars and parts. And if someone buys it all, I'll give you $6k for the TD and Bugeye.

JoeTR6
JoeTR6 Reader
6/27/16 10:59 a.m.

The question is what did it run into?

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
6/27/16 11:07 a.m.

$40k for those four cars? I think he has an extra zero in there.

RedGT
RedGT HalfDork
6/27/16 12:17 p.m.

Apis listed 5 cars, some not shown in the pics, sounds like there's decent stuff inside the building too.

dherr
dherr GRM+ Memberand New Reader
6/27/16 12:40 p.m.

Hopefully the TD is stored inside, or it most likely will look like the TR3 after they try to move it!

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/27/16 12:44 p.m.
Sonic wrote:
Apis Mellifera wrote: Still looking for a good TD.. or big Healey, or TR3, or 55-57 Tbird...
What sort of condition cars are you looking for? I'm about to put both my MGA and my mothers MGTF up for sale. Both are good drivers and look good enough for local shows, TF needs a little more than the A. Located near Philly and Boston.

Tell me more about this TF...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EYPhUjAsWzYDAYQPYEpRbWYLdo2NVrGrIcx4lu85f5ghTodzeQXZZm3qHkHaej6x