1 2 3 ... 7
02Pilot
02Pilot SuperDork
1/23/19 8:22 p.m.

Relative to their numbers currently on the road, Saturns make up a disproportionately large percentage of the cars in a Walmart parking lot on a Wednesday night.

Feel free to add your observations.

vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/23/19 8:27 p.m.

I only go to Walmart early on Sunday when no one else does to buy Mobil 1 and a filter. I ignore everything but the Hot Wheels bin. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
1/23/19 8:34 p.m.

The dude riding my bumper causing me to question why he’s a tool as we do 70+mph on a Chicago Highway will sometimes pass me and I find out it’s a 20’s something chick with no clue that drafting in her SUV is a bad idea.  

I blame those NASCAR cameras - people think it’s normal to drive 5’ apart.  

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
1/24/19 6:31 a.m.

The default for a car doing something stupid on the road in front of me is that it will be a Prius.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
1/24/19 7:08 a.m.

People in the middle lane are content to drive 65 but HATE getting passed for some reason and will speed up to match your speed (making me want to finally perfect my PIT maneuver in the process).

My Walmart only has three types of vehicles: Panther platforms, full size GM trucks or silver Camrys. There’s literally no other vehicles but these, I swear!

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
1/24/19 9:35 a.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

The dude riding my bumper causing me to question why he’s a tool as we do 70+mph on a Chicago Highway will sometimes pass me and I find out it’s a 20’s something chick with no clue that drafting in her SUV is a bad idea.   

Except for the idiot guy in a Camry this morning who looked like he had anger issues, more often than not if there's someone on my bumper it's going to be a young woman talking on her phone.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/24/19 9:49 a.m.

Driving a Mclaren in traffic means you are staring into the trailer hitch of the truck in front of you (seen on PCH in SoCal).

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
1/24/19 10:39 a.m.

If you commute to work with your "rock lights" on under your lifted 4x4 you are most likely a D-Bag.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Reader
1/24/19 10:41 a.m.

Ugly women drive boring ugly unreliable cars. 

Nugi
Nugi Reader
1/24/19 11:04 a.m.

In reply to mr2s2000elise :

And... beautiful people drive boring beautiful unreliable cars.

Edit so casual sexisim is only implied. Oops. 

Mike924
Mike924 Reader
1/24/19 11:37 a.m.

In the cold Wintery climates, when it snows, people forget how to drive. Period! But people in Minivans think they are invincible. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/24/19 11:55 a.m.

The heavier the snowfall the chances a white vehicle driving in it without lights on approachs 1.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
1/24/19 11:55 a.m.

Most people while driving only look as far ahead as the rear bumper of the car they are behind and that is when they are not looking at their phone screen.

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas Dork
1/24/19 12:02 p.m.

In reply to T.J. :

Which compounds the following-too-closely observation above. If I follow you at 5 feet, I only have to pay attention to your brake lights and can focus more on whatever is so important on my phone.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltraDork
1/24/19 12:04 p.m.

VA-chassis(2015-up) WRXs blend in really well, I think partially because they look pretty conservative compared to other modern sedans, and partly because their drivers seem mature enough not to drive like idiots. The only exception to them blending I’ve noticed so far is GD(2002-2007) WRX drivers can’t seem to resist revving on them, even in heavy traffic.

Jumper K Balls (Trent)
Jumper K Balls (Trent) PowerDork
1/24/19 12:14 p.m.
ddavidv said:

The default for a car doing something stupid on the road in front of me is that it will be a lifted diesel truck.

Edited that for accuracy. wink You are welcome

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
1/24/19 12:16 p.m.

I honestly believe we should age out of being allowed to drive by late 70's or 80 at the latest.  For every Mario Andretti out there who can still drive a 2 seat Indy car at 200mph there are 10,000 old folks who can't read signs, stop lights and drive everywhere at 45mph no matter if the speed limit is 25 or 75  while their reaction time to emergency situations has slowed down by several seconds.  

TopNoodles
TopNoodles New Reader
1/24/19 1:08 p.m.

When you have two cars and one is a Miata, driving the other car will cause multiple Miatas to appear in traffic in close proximity, even in the middle of winter.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
1/24/19 1:11 p.m.
mr2s2000elise said:

Ugly women drive boring ugly unreliable cars. 

The prettiest woman I ever was involved with drove a series of ugly unreliable cars.  It was something we had in common.  smiley

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/24/19 1:18 p.m.

I think folks in white SUVs are more likely than any other simple descriptor to be the perpetrators of crap driving.

iceracer
iceracer UltimaDork
1/24/19 1:19 p.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson :

I take exception to that.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
1/24/19 2:52 p.m.

All the vehicles that have come the closest to killing me while I was riding a bicycle had "Educator" state license plates. But not all of them were white SUVs.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
1/24/19 2:56 p.m.

In reply to iceracer :

No personal insult meant, I'll revise it to say Mario Andretti and Iceracer if you like cheeky 

There are many many capable 80+ year old people on the road, but the vast majority I know and or have seen really aren't up to it.  If there was an actual meaningful test needed for people to keep driving into old age then fine, but honestly most really aren't up to it.I am lucky enough to know some outstandingly brilliant people, but post 80, forget the physical mechanics of driving, I see a massive drop off in the rate of cognitive function.  Taking in information, processing then reacting slows down.  Not good in traffic, lights, kids playing, poor conditions etc.etc.  I don't' know you, and am perfectly willing to believe you personally are still more than capable, but too many are not.  Sorry.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/24/19 2:57 p.m.

If you're driving a minivan, people will not hesitate to pull out point blank in front of you, because they assume that no minivan is ever driven faster than 35 mph.

The more aggressively a Nissan Altima is driven, the more likely it is to have a space saver spare installed on at least 1 corner.

Drivers of black, silver, and grey cars (in that order) are the least likely to turn their lights on in bad weather or after dusk.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/24/19 3:00 p.m.

If people left for work 2 minutes earlier, they wouldn't have to speed like demons on the road.. and lets face it, doing 85 in a 50 for three miles of highway is only going to net you a few seconds

1 2 3 ... 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
symh1MLz5gmhRRbkeLYcHUF4A7gNWPBu179ehuaGDklj9vvtQNZxgvLlFbnssKnp