1 2
ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
2/18/19 11:01 a.m.

Behold and discuss( if you wish)

TGMF
TGMF Reader
2/18/19 11:03 a.m.

I'd trade a little less ride height via shorter tires for more suspension travel. Otherwise, it looks like a riot. 

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/18/19 11:23 a.m.

I don't know.....Every time I see something like that I just think why wouldn't I just get this: 

170 HP 32" tires. 25" of suspension travel. All for less than the Base mustang above and still plenty of $$$ left over for the truck to tow it with yes

rustybugkiller
rustybugkiller HalfDork
2/18/19 11:30 a.m.

No!

why does everything need to be an suv?

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/18/19 11:36 a.m.

I don't hate it. It certainly looks better than BMW's X6

RossD
RossD MegaDork
2/18/19 11:40 a.m.
bmw88rider said:

I don't know.....Every time I see something like that I just think why wouldn't I just get this: 

170 HP 32" tires. 25" of suspension travel. All for less than the Base mustang above and still plenty of $$$ left over for the truck to tow it with yes

I dont know where you get your pricing but a base mustang will barely cover that side by side. A truck and a trailer added in would probably be more.

STM317
STM317 SuperDork
2/18/19 1:04 p.m.

I don't get it. Raptors are designed to perform well in relatively high speed offroad conditions (desert prerunning). When you're driving at high speeds, off road, does the exterior of the vehicle you're in really matter? How is a Raptor Mustang better than a Raptor F150 or Raptor Ranger? Maybe in theory it would retain the Mustang's IRS?

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
2/18/19 1:06 p.m.

I love lifted 4x4 muscle cars. 

That is all.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/18/19 1:15 p.m.

Nice cross-over.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
2/18/19 1:43 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

I love lifted 4x4 muscle cars. 

That is all.

Which is exactly why I posted it!

When I was an impressionable kid, my neighbor built a blue 1960’s Mustang convertible 4x4 (on a first generation Bronco frame). It was huge by 1970’s standards with 36” tires.

Im not trying to convince anyone here that it was awesome. I already know it wasangel 

slefain
slefain PowerDork
2/18/19 1:46 p.m.

Now all we need is a Cherry 2000 remake to go with it.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
2/18/19 1:54 p.m.

If I won the lottery, I'd rather have a Mustang and a Raptor than some strange mix between the two that is not as good as either of two by themselves.

Wiscocrashtest
Wiscocrashtest New Reader
2/18/19 1:56 p.m.

the MEGA Track already exists for wealthy eccentrics:

[

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
2/18/19 2:01 p.m.
T.J. said:

If I won the lottery, I'd rather have a Mustang and a Raptor than some strange mix between the two that is not as good as either of two by themselves.

I know, I see about 20 of each one every day. 

edizzle89
edizzle89 SuperDork
2/18/19 2:16 p.m.

A lot of you are thinking it's just a crossover but why cant it be like the Rally Fighter?

Just a tall looking car when not in action:

Lots of dirty suspension travel when in party mode:

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
2/18/19 3:24 p.m.
STM317 said:

I don't get it. Raptors are designed to perform well in relatively high speed offroad conditions (desert prerunning). When you're driving at high speeds, off road, does the exterior of the vehicle you're in really matter? How is a Raptor Mustang better than a Raptor F150 or Raptor Ranger? Maybe in theory it would retain the Mustang's IRS?

I would argue the opposite, then - how would the Raptor F150 be any better than the Mustang? The F150 weighs close to 2,000 pounds more than a Mustang.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/18/19 3:28 p.m.
STM317 said:

It doesn't have to be better. It just has to be cool. And that's berkeleying cool! 

STM317
STM317 SuperDork
2/18/19 3:35 p.m.

In reply to dculberson :

I guess so. Adding the Raptor hardware like skid plates, wheel/tires, possibly 4WD stuff, likely chassis bracing/stiffening, etc  would probably close that gap quite a bit though. And then you just have a swoopy, less practical version of the trucks.

I'm not knocking anybody for liking it, I just don't "get it".

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/19/19 7:22 a.m.

and unfortunately, like 99% of all the Raptor F150s out there, it would be only used for mall crawling.

What I would want is a Raptor Transit

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
2/19/19 8:17 a.m.

I say Raptor all the things, just like Mopar needs to Hellcat all the things.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/19/19 8:21 a.m.

I think you are missing the point, this thing can easily hop curbs.  Morons could leave Cars n Coffee and simply drive over curbs and crush people in their wake. 

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
2/19/19 9:25 a.m.

I wouldn’t begrudge anyone for not liking this car but I’d caution (but who the hell am I, right?) against analyzing objets de passion too much for thier perceived usefulness or utility.

Analyzing these sorts of things quite readily erodes the whole basis of what brings us here to begin with.

penultimeta
penultimeta HalfDork
2/19/19 10:18 a.m.

So Ford's all like "we're gonna stop building all the cars for america and 'cept the mustang. But wait! If you want a dumb cross over mustang, you can have that too."

Sorry, I'm just really salty about the crossover/CUV thing. 

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/19/19 10:45 a.m.

In reply to RossD :

That side by side will run 22-23K right now. I was just looking at them last weekend. I could have walked out of there with an 18 for $22.9 not even negotiating hard.

The mustang GT is high 20's and probably double that with the "raptor" mods. So somewhere in the 50-55K range.  Really easy to get a good truck either new and a little stripper or slightly used for 25-27K plus the SxS trailers aren't too bad. 

LanEvo
LanEvo GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/19/19 11:00 a.m.
ebonyandivory said:

I liked that better when it was called the AMC Eagle SX/4 ...

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6WjAKeHXp2cCivHFw4rDHkbqoc3OWzjYNUD9NJPjfJ8gE7Tpkr2xxgj6CyOAYciY