Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
9/24/20 4:02 p.m.
feature_image

Based on the 308 hatchback, the Peugeot RCZ first showed up as a concept at the 2007 Frankfurt Motor Show with a production model appearing in 2009.

Powering this front-wheel-drive "sports coupe" was a 1.6-liter, turbocharged inline-four that, depending on the model year, was good for up to 266 horsepower and 243 lb.-ft. of torque. A 2.0-liter diesel was also available and was good for …

Read the rest of the story

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 SuperDork
9/24/20 6:00 p.m.

The haunches and lower body line scream Karman Ghia.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
9/24/20 8:23 p.m.
TurnerX19 said:

The haunches and lower body line scream Karman Ghia.

OMG, you're right. 

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/24/20 10:33 p.m.

Why does the GRM staff keep posting about cars that were never available here?  How about this. Post about cool obscure cars that were/are here in the USA?  You know cars that we can actually seek out and possibly get. Or play the 25 year game and go back further in time so at least we can import them now even if they were not available here when new. 

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/24/20 10:48 p.m.

As for this car. A Lexus sc430 and a TT had a baby and somewhere in there is a bit of ghia. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
9/25/20 6:46 a.m.
Colin Wood said:

If the RCZ had ever made it to this part of the world, would it have been on your shortlist of performance coupes, or would you rather stick with the Miata or 86/BRZ?

Nope. Not big on FWD performance cars. I know they've gotten better since my '10 Speed3.........but I'd still prefer RWD. Although I've only ever been able to test drive a boost buggy on the street, so I'd love to get to drive an STi in anger on track.

pinchvalve (Forum Supporter)
pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/25/20 7:08 a.m.

I think it is better looking than the TT, but the TT had quattro drive, so that would be the winner for me.

Vigo (Forum Supporter)
Vigo (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/25/20 8:22 a.m.

This thing looks great. It also looks like it would be a lot cooler if it were MR (and even less would have been sold, probably), also just like the TT.  But unlike the TT, at least the Alpine A110 actually exists to sate any MR fantasies one might have about this car. I feel like the German equivalent would be a Boxster/Cayman, which while being a great car shares nothing about what is good on the TT (looks) and is entirely its own separate thing.  Maybe the jump from RCZ to A110 is just as big and im being silly, but to my American brain the world of French cars is so tiny that i associate them all more closely than i associate an Audi to a Porsche. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kjKj0QZvkd2GkAwRAmG7iLRQhh9xZGJPDp38m295FaGA2m7cUsQ9FvW0Rsu7tvtp