1 2
tb (minimally supportive)
tb (minimally supportive) GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/26/20 6:46 p.m.

I rather like it, but I tend to have much better taste than most people...

Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter)
Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/26/20 7:44 p.m.

I look at the yellow one and I like it. The others not so much. The right wheels seem to help.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
10/26/20 7:54 p.m.

I really like Bangle-era BMW. I do not like this.

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/26/20 8:48 p.m.

What's interesting is that not long after this car, Bangle got the job at BMW. So what about this car made the stodgy Germans want to put their eggs in his basket?

superfund
superfund New Reader
10/26/20 8:56 p.m.

I had to look it up but somehow he didn't also design the BMW Z1 with how similar the front looks. 

pointofdeparture
pointofdeparture GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/26/20 9:24 p.m.

One interesting thing I just realized is that there's actually some subtle nods to the Fiat 128 coupe in the design. The kamm tail, rear quarter, C-pillar and rear window line struck me in particular.

Vigo (Forum Supporter)
Vigo (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/26/20 10:50 p.m.

That's a lot more than a little! Glad you posted because while i enjoy drawing those kinds of connections, I didn't even know what a Fiat 128 looked like. yes

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/26/20 11:00 p.m.

One of the great things about the Italian auto industry is their willingness to take chances in the styling department. 

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 SuperDork
10/27/20 7:14 a.m.

In reply to pointofdeparture :

Yeah, he took a 128 SL coupe and blasted it with the ugly stick. The 128 SL is a little to "industrial" but still very attractive.

Tyler H (Forum Supporter)
Tyler H (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/27/20 7:32 a.m.

Hmm...how much front rake do you have to put in to get those fender accents level?  

mad_machine (Forum Supporter)
mad_machine (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/27/20 9:32 a.m.
STM317 said:
mad_machine (Forum Supporter) said:

wow, you really chose some nasty pics that make a sleek and stylish car look awful.

All I see is a goofy Sunfire

that's tough,  I always thought the sunfire was  pretty goofy looking car  to begin with.  It also predates the Sunfire by a couple of years.  I wonder who was copying who?

Yes, the resemblence to the original 128 is in the coupe'.  For those that thought the taillights didn't work,  it's because he cribbed from the 128 3P for them.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
10/27/20 10:58 a.m.

I can only imagine that marijuana has been legalized where many of you live.  cheeky

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
10/27/20 11:22 a.m.

Given current BMW styling, I long for the looks of Bangle BMWs...

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/27/20 11:33 a.m.

I could probably learn to love it if I saw it on the streets everyday, but as is, I'll give it an inoffesnive "meh".

I also would like to see it in person. If there was ever a car that looked much better in person than it did in pictures, it was the Bangle-Butt 7 series. 

wspohn
wspohn Dork
10/27/20 11:33 a.m.

That one isn't my cuppa tea. Should have called it the 'Desh'  (get it? The Bangle Desh....oh never mind.)

I like what he did on the BMWs though despite creating a lot of controversy at the time.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
10/27/20 12:48 p.m.
Kreb (Forum Supporter) said:

One of the great things about the Italian auto industry is their willingness to take chances in the styling department. 

Mmmm, I love that thing.

ebelements
ebelements Reader
10/27/20 1:13 p.m.

I'm a huge fan of these, but then again anything weird & wedgey is my jam.

10/27/20 6:57 p.m.
Kreb (Forum Supporter) said:

Ever seen the Lancia Hyena Zagato?

newold_m (Forum Supporter)
newold_m (Forum Supporter) New Reader
10/28/20 1:00 a.m.

Having seen one in person many eye around ago I must say it's really not that bad looking. Quirky and different for sure. Plus that 2 liter engine was a sweet sounding one. 

LanEvo
LanEvo GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/28/20 7:33 a.m.

They look (a little) better in real life.

Also, those FIAT 5-cylinders sound awesome. My buddy had the 20v normally aspirated version in his Bravo HGT. Not a lot of power, but great intake growl.

11/15/20 10:31 p.m.

found an interesting video on the coupe.  I had no idea it was an almost 160mph car.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fa7SOoFVJRyEOaVIobMhyzIW9NmwUyZQcq8AROvHRYYDZWbo0Cs7VfIPCR44upBx