Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
8/3/20 9:09 a.m.
feature_image

When it came to styling, the Nissan Juke seemed to fall into one of two categories: either it was an affront to nature, or it was a funky crossover with quirky styling.

If you were looking for a little more oomph, Nissan also made Nismo and Nismo RS models that were available with 197 horsepower and 215 horsepower, respectively.

The ultimate …

Read the rest of the story

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/3/20 11:11 a.m.

I don't like the Juke or the GT-R. Somehow, I'm totally on board with this insane combination of the two.

MrFancypants
MrFancypants Reader
8/3/20 11:16 a.m.

I hate the Juke, but I'm on board with these kinds of shenanigans. Hey Honda, how about installing the NSX drive system in the Odyssey?

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/3/20 11:37 a.m.

I like the juke. I like this a lot more! But, probably won't be able to afford one....

edwardh80
edwardh80 Reader
8/3/20 12:08 p.m.

Can't say I like the Juke, but I'm glad to see companies embracing things that are fun like this. Given they weren't intended for production, I wonder why Nissan even attempted it, but I'm glad they approved the funding required. More manufacturers should pursue fun activities like this, and I'm sure they made a tidy little sum off the limited ones they did produce.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/3/20 12:34 p.m.

Yes Please.  We need more of this stuff in the car world.

Schmidlap
Schmidlap HalfDork
8/3/20 12:48 p.m.
dean1484 said:

Absolutely agree!  Could you imagine a racing series with this, that Aztec with the C5R drivetrain, the Renault Espace with the Formula 1 V10, the Transit Supervans, etc. 

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie Reader
8/3/20 12:53 p.m.
Schmidlap said:
dean1484 said:

Absolutely agree!  Could you imagine a racing series with this, that Aztec with the C5R drivetrain, the Renault Espace with the Formula 1 V10, the Transit Supervans, etc. 

How about 70s vintage Class C motorhomes with Dodge Hellcat engines? 

TGMF
TGMF HalfDork
8/3/20 12:59 p.m.

I had no idea Nissan actually built them with the GTR engine. I knew of the prototype though.  Im sure they were crazy expensive, which put me out of the running even if i did have an opportunity to buy one. 

wspohn
wspohn Dork
8/3/20 4:49 p.m.

The Juke is terminally fugly, but I do like the thought of a sleeper!

Davetilden
Davetilden
8/4/20 6:13 p.m.

So the motor in a Ford GT is the same as the one in my Ford Flex, right?

See where I'm going with this?

jerrysarcastic (Forum Supporter)
jerrysarcastic (Forum Supporter) New Reader
8/5/20 2:42 a.m.

Bad ass!  I give this five out of five Ichiban Moto stickers.  \m/

TIGMOTORSPORTS
TIGMOTORSPORTS Dork
8/5/20 4:58 a.m.

I like it. I'm also partial owning a 2015 Juke AWD.

jharry3
jharry3 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/5/20 7:21 a.m.

Flashbacks to Group B.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
8/5/20 7:36 a.m.

Juke was the ugliest vehicle to come to market (until the latest Prius, they may be tied). Hideous. Made me want to slap the mothers of the designers for allowing their children to grow to be so stupid.

With that said... more of this please. Hyundai doing a Kona N is close to this level of silliness. What about the Jag XJ220 test mule transit vans?

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/5/20 6:16 p.m.

The Juke is one of those cars that is so ugly that it is cool. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fk2lRNOr8qZHItvAKAdwQa6AQJYOJZgwq73VSzISxo1k3Zh8iTXmo8BnIQgQ6P5f