Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
7/10/20 8:02 a.m.

Racing is a glamorous hobby full of beautiful sights, sounds and speed. But toting the required gear around certainly isn't. Every drive requires a helmet, head-and-neck restraint, suit, shoes, underwear, driver cooler, gloves, socks, radio and more–and it's always a struggle to keep everything organized, safe and portable.

For years we've fought with a range of gear bags, from cheap …

Read the rest of the story

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/11/20 7:01 a.m.

Man... that looks like a great gear bag for mtn biking as well. I have a moto gear bag for hauling my DH riding gear, but sometimes it's a PITA to find things in it or to make sure you didn't forget something (like I realized at the bike park yesterday...). 

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) PowerDork
7/11/20 7:15 a.m.

I have one of ThinkTank's camera bags and it's been really great to use.  I think I've had it for five years now.  Only issue really is that the shoulder strap that came with it was kind of ho hum but that was easy to swap out.  I'm interested to see what bags they have for other purposes like this one.

dxman92
dxman92 HalfDork
7/11/20 9:37 a.m.

I use a contractors bag that I got as a door prize at a convention years ago as my biking gear bag.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
7/13/20 12:53 p.m.

For some reason I didn't even think to get a bag for all my biking stuff–that's genius! I just keep it all in a pile and move it around one piece at a time. 

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/13/20 1:03 p.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard :

Funny... I've been using the same Specialized gear bag for my XC and road riding stuff since the mid 90's. 

DH gear is closer to moto and driving gear as far as taking up space, so that's been more of a challenge.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/17/20 6:06 p.m.

A friend who works in the photo biz passed along nice words about Think Tank's bags. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3SwOgURpGSo31pQvMxrUd3WD3yygfEbJf8gFcc6IcXFSA4eXxeEimYZ8oizMNcei