1 2
stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
5/20/16 8:41 p.m.

They autocross all of their cars and trucks they can get running. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFg3abe8NF4

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/20/16 8:53 p.m.

Berking epic.

Chadeux
Chadeux Reader
5/20/16 9:03 p.m.

They accidentally built a monster out of that C4. I want one. Thing looks terrifying in person though. I remember there was a huge crack in the passenger side floor pan.

ssswitch
ssswitch HalfDork
5/20/16 9:35 p.m.

I'm amazed the Ranchero has lasted as long as it has.

Fitzauto
Fitzauto HalfDork
5/20/16 9:43 p.m.

I really want the vette cart. Looks berkeleying amazing

Cooper_Tired
Cooper_Tired HalfDork
5/20/16 10:08 p.m.

Great episode. Made me forget about episode 49

NickD
NickD Dork
5/21/16 6:42 a.m.

Definitely nailed it this episode. A lot more cars beat the Rio this time around than the last attempt. Granted, as Finnegan said, it's funny that they are bragging about beating a Kia Rio when they are driving stuff like a Hellcat Charger. I think the Crop Duster may win for the new best-sounding exhaust.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman HalfDork
5/21/16 9:32 a.m.

My only grip with them autocrossing is their use of cell phones as timers. Still looks like a blast and I'm slightly jealous.

dropstep
dropstep Dork
5/21/16 11:17 a.m.

Even with the beat stock 302 in the ranchero i still want it. The mazda was hilarious.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
5/21/16 12:08 p.m.

I've watched 50 of these? I liked when the changed the engine of the El Camino in an auto parts store parking lot.

JAhmed
JAhmed Reader
5/22/16 2:59 p.m.
Datsun310Guy wrote: I've watched 50 of these? I liked when the changed the engine of the El Camino in an auto parts store parking lot.

That was like...episode 4. LOL. Time really does fly...

Chadeux
Chadeux Reader
5/22/16 7:03 p.m.

What's funny is watching Finnegan's new videos. "I'm going to do a burnout in everything I have that runs"

And it cuts to him trying to do a brake stand in his golf cart.

Petrolburner
Petrolburner Dork
5/22/16 7:29 p.m.

I watched this last night. Totally unscientific but still entertaining.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/22/16 7:33 p.m.

How did I miss the Stubby Bob episode!?!

Chadeux
Chadeux Reader
5/22/16 7:37 p.m.

In reply to Hungary Bill:

It was #44, 42 minutes long. Also the first one to drop on MOD before Youtube. I'm looking forward to the next episode because I believe it's going to be Bob getting a rear mounted 454 and a V drive.

java230
java230 HalfDork
5/23/16 10:40 a.m.

In reply to Chadeux:

Im looking forward to that as well. There was a clip of it doing wheelies

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UltraDork
5/23/16 1:57 p.m.

Just watched this during lunch. Fun episode, they don't appear to be very good drivers (might just be the editing) and it'd be interesting how the cars would do if it was a properly timed, scored, and driven autocross.

Instead of a Kia a Miata would have been a bit more of a legit benchmark.....

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/23/16 2:30 p.m.
KyAllroad wrote: Just watched this during lunch. Fun episode, they don't appear to be very good drivers (might just be the editing) and it'd be interesting how the cars would do if it was a properly timed, scored, and driven autocross. Instead of a Kia a Miata would have been a bit more of a legit benchmark.....

Freiburger has more 200+ records in LSR than probably any other living person. Maxton, El Mirage, Bonneville, the guy's done it all. He's also a legit hot shoe drag racing and 4-wheeling. Done enough road course stuff to be dangerous, too.

That said, they're berkeleying off in a parking lot in flip flops with cell phone timers. Not exactly their "A-Game", and that's why Roadkill is great.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/23/16 2:38 p.m.

The LSR Roadkill was about as scienced as it gets. The rest is just Berking off. That's how most of us operate.

gamby
gamby UltimaDork
5/25/16 1:00 a.m.
NickD wrote: I think the Crop Duster may win for the new best-sounding exhaust.

That thing sounded absolutely vicious!!!

Really fun episode. Great to see them beating the bag out of such varied builds.

The Draguar was a riot.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/25/16 4:59 a.m.

If you could somehow combine the rawness of the the Vettecart with the sound of the Cropduster...

NickD
NickD Dork
5/25/16 5:25 a.m.
Javelin wrote:
KyAllroad wrote: Just watched this during lunch. Fun episode, they don't appear to be very good drivers (might just be the editing) and it'd be interesting how the cars would do if it was a properly timed, scored, and driven autocross. Instead of a Kia a Miata would have been a bit more of a legit benchmark.....
Freiburger has more 200+ records in LSR than probably any other living person. Maxton, El Mirage, Bonneville, the guy's done it all. He's also a legit hot shoe drag racing and 4-wheeling. Done enough road course stuff to be dangerous, too. That said, they're berkeleying off in a parking lot in flip flops with cell phone timers. Not exactly their "A-Game", and that's why Roadkill is great.

For a long while Freiburger held the title of World's Fastest Camaro in the So-Al Racing Camaro at 261mph.

Finnegan is a pretty accomplished guy too. When he was young he built a couple of mini-trucks that were all over the covers of magazines. And he held some class records with his boats as well.

Appleseed wrote: If you could somehow combine the rawness of the the Vettecart with the sound of the Cropduster...

I don't know, the Vette Cart sounds pretty good now.

IndyJoe
IndyJoe Dork
5/25/16 8:27 a.m.
Chadeux wrote: In reply to Hungary Bill: It was #44, 42 minutes long. Also the first one to drop on MOD before Youtube. I'm looking forward to the next episode because I believe it's going to be Bob getting a rear mounted 454 and a V drive.

gamby
gamby UltimaDork
5/25/16 9:53 a.m.

Oh man!!! Next month's episode is gonna be amazing!!!

That photo is going to get the internet pretty charged up. What a great photo!

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/25/16 5:32 p.m.
IndyJoe wrote:
Chadeux wrote: In reply to Hungary Bill: It was #44, 42 minutes long. Also the first one to drop on MOD before Youtube. I'm looking forward to the next episode because I believe it's going to be Bob getting a rear mounted 454 and a V drive.

(Insert heavy breathing here)

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gA0XzAHe9qWSTQh1F8hm5IbgZkQLZzMJAVbrDJ0uA9B2tKt06mrLTznANIcQD9xD