David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/17/20 2:11 p.m.
feature_image

The Roar Before the Rolex 24 has traditionally taken place the first full weekend after New Year’s Day, but not for 2021: The IMSA pre-season test session will take place January 22-24, 2021, with the BMW Endurance Challenge for the IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge scheduled for January 29 and the Rolex 24 At Daytona for the WeatherTech SportsCar Championship occurring …

Read the rest of the story

asphalt_gundam
asphalt_gundam New Reader
8/18/20 2:46 p.m.

You say "festival atmosphere" and I think GridLife. If it came anywhere close to that it'll be one hell of an event. I'd even say worth the drive from northern MN.

wae
wae UltraDork
8/18/20 3:07 p.m.

Also, I read today that IMSA is talking about doing public scrutineering across the street at Daytona One in 2021 during the leadup week.  If my regular Geico West camping spot would be available during that time as well, I would absolutely consider coming down early for all that.

I'd definitely have to budget in having the honey dipper come by at some point to empty the tank...

David S. Wallens
8/19/20 9:18 p.m.

Yeah, I've heard some good discussions. Once we can share, we'll share. (See you there.)

JesseWolfe
JesseWolfe Reader
8/20/20 4:53 a.m.

If this is anything like the downtown festival they do before the Mint 400, its definitely going to be a lot more fun for the fans.

David S. Wallens
8/20/20 12:18 p.m.

The past two years, IMSA has held some pre-race activities across the street at One Daytona--driver Q&A, pit stop demo, race cars on display, etc. 

That's where the photos in this piece came from. 

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/20/20 12:42 p.m.

I renewed my experience tickets, and might get a trailer spot. I live about 20 minutes from the track, but a friend from the panhandle has suggested he'd like to see if we can get a site.

I have my name on the list for the trailer site ticket upgrade, might be the best chance for it this year.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wbZzWbHomHN1Kt6gxddAs6G0HsuqOkkSQq3NqLHJlbcsfo1aPkVg9gF0O3iHgWAL