NorseDave
NorseDave Reader
1/20/19 7:47 p.m.

I have a MicroSquirt project I'm finally getting serious about and was considering one of these instead of fuses/relays.  My current plan calls for 1 relay and 5 fuses, a total of about 30A, which fits nicely w/ the PDM-60's 60A and 6 independent circuits.  Anyone have any experience, good or bad, with them?  As far as I know, it's the only option at that capacity / pricepoint ($200).  The Racepak and Motec options are at least an order of magnitude more expensive.

wawazat
wawazat Reader
1/22/19 7:38 p.m.

I looked at the same piece last summer and was impressed.  I have seen some cool pieces from Infinity Box and Ecumaster but they're both more expensive as well.

If you get one please document the install and let us all know your thoughts.

rdcyclist
rdcyclist GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/22/19 10:16 p.m.

I've used them on LD Rally motorcycles for years with great effect. You can program them for specific amperages for each circuit as well as start and stop times. The start and stop feature is nice if you want a circuit to start a few seconds after the engine is started, like lights or accessories. The stop will keep a circuit live for several minutes after turn off.

If they detect of overcurrent situation, they shut down the individual circuit. The circuit will go hot when re-powered so it's important to make sure you size your wiring and set the amperage correctly.

For 200 bucks, I don't think there is anything that compares. They are used rather extensively in the LD community and I've never heard of a failure with one. I put 100k on the first one and 150k on the second one.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/22/19 11:22 p.m.

Never heard of that unit before, but it sounds pretty darn cool. One of these would be a nice upgrade to my Mini’s wiring. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ybwXJcAEJy0AiYD6i8nRkhQU9mORWguJ1wsU3ybTHzabCCQAi06EOSl3rw3q8cEJ