92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
3/1/11 3:43 p.m.

Oh it'll fit alright...

Sack up!

Ignorant
Ignorant SuperDork
3/1/11 4:59 p.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote: I noticed the big nasty interesting flange... Would it really be THAT bad, though? I know it only tells part of the story, but i have a bigger compressor inlet on my turbo, and those housings don't look THAT big. Of course, i also can't see the wheels.

sure it'll work.

Vigo
Vigo Dork
3/2/11 1:30 p.m.

Im not reading this thread, its too long.

But people put the cart before the horse. ALL movement of air is CAUSED by pressure differential. Movement/flow is a RESULT of pressure differential, not the other way around.

15 psi from t25 is THE SAME as 15psi from an HX40 AS LONG AS the charge air is at the same TEMPERATURE (the other half of density, gasp) by the time it reaches the motor. Is that usually the case? No. MOST turbo cars on the planet have intercooler systems that wont come close to that.

Is 15 psi going into the motor at the same temp from a t25 and an hx40 going to produce the same power? Probably, but it's not going to LOSE the same amount of power in pumping losses trying to flow X amount of air through the turbine. So will one 'keep' more power than the other? Probably.

If more people stuck to the 'no magic' rule, talk about turbos would be much better. 15 psi at a given temp is the same as 15 psi at the same temp from another turbo. Whether its ever at the same temp, whether or not the smaller turbine orifice causes 30psi higher backpressure while being fed the same amount of air, thats the real issues, and they should be called by what they are, and not 'big turbo means more air @ x psi like magic just because!'

Ignorant
Ignorant SuperDork
3/2/11 4:30 p.m.
Vigo wrote: Im not reading this thread, its too long. But people put the cart before the horse. ALL movement of air is CAUSED by pressure differential. Movement/flow is a RESULT of pressure differential, not the other way around. 15 psi from t25 is THE SAME as 15psi from an HX40 AS LONG AS the charge air is at the same TEMPERATURE (the other half of density, gasp) by the time it reaches the motor. Is that usually the case? No. MOST turbo cars on the planet have intercooler systems that wont come close to that. Is 15 psi going into the motor at the same temp from a t25 and an hx40 going to produce the same power? Probably, but it's not going to LOSE the same amount of power in pumping losses trying to flow X amount of air through the turbine. So will one 'keep' more power than the other? Probably. If more people stuck to the 'no magic' rule, talk about turbos would be much better. 15 psi at a given temp is the same as 15 psi at the same temp from another turbo. Whether its ever at the same temp, whether or not the smaller turbine orifice causes 30psi higher backpressure while being fed the same amount of air, thats the real issues, and they should be called by what they are, and not 'big turbo means more air @ x psi like magic just because!'

I really think you've missed the point.

1 ... 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6rfVv6mvzHBO2QZjsrw0G3hTuJ11Q2D65sT8I4M4JQk1RFFFqeziWIKKXd4bvEOL