Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
6/14/21 11:49 a.m.

“Build a new seat, install the fire system, replace the pads and rotors, change the wheels and tires, piece together a working radio system,  and add a livery. Oh, and we should nut and bolt the car while it’s up in the air. We’re in pretty good shape!”

Normally you’d say that a few months before a race. Or a …

This content is available for GRM+ members and Grassroots Motorsports magazine subscribers only.

You can read it for free in 169 days or subscribe to GRM+ to read right now.

Subscribe now

Already a member?

Login to read

Read the rest of the story

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/14/21 12:40 p.m.

You had fun. All of you got laps at Sebring. The car was on track at the finish and drove onto the trailer. 

And we got to read a typically well written and fun article about it all. 

In it's own way, I'd call this a win. 

Johnny_at_NineLives
Johnny_at_NineLives GRM+ Memberand New Reader
6/14/21 2:20 p.m.

wait... cris had the fastest lap.. 

spacecadet (Forum Supporter)
spacecadet (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/14/21 4:41 p.m.

“The photos in the chat really don’t do justice to just how ugly this car is in person.” 

That's saying a LOT.. cause every photo I've seen is FUGLY..

laughed a lot at this article, great job!

jraisor3
jraisor3
11/13/22 10:58 p.m.

Actually own this car now and it will have it's first race with us in December at Road Atlanta. 

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
11/14/22 6:08 a.m.

Awesome, can't wait to see it!!  I will be there as well, working for Lemons...and maybe driving a shift or two.

jraisor3
jraisor3 New Reader
12/10/22 1:17 a.m.

https://youtu.be/SyExhSN_J9c

How the car looks today 

DavyZ
DavyZ New Reader
12/1/23 2:47 p.m.

Such a great article and a great time had by all, but no reader comments about the margaritas?!?  C'mon guys, they were two for one!  THAT, my friends, is what brings us to races cheeky

ukemike
ukemike New Reader
4/7/24 3:44 p.m.

As the captain of a team with almost 20 lemons races under our belt I can say without hesitation that a radio system is not needed for lemons racing.  Sure it is probably helpful but I wouldn't know. I haven't tried yet.  If the point is getting onto the track with the least effort, don't waste time with a radio system.  Get a piece of foam core, sharpie your car # in big fat letters on the top and "IN" on the bottom.  That fulfills the requirement for communicating with the driver.  We use a cheap walmart clock ziptied to the passenger floor to time our stints.  When a driver goes out, we say, "It's 10am so come in at 11:30." Worry about assembling a radio setup later.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6wumRNlqncOb81SPywxsI2QvlHzTKJBJSRmjNaRCUgH3M1mfhjl6fPVeXTkq3o0e