1 2 3
mkiisupra
mkiisupra New Reader
9/20/11 12:14 p.m.

If it is space that is needed due to the hatch requirement, look no further than the second gen-Supra (celi-Supra). I put mtn bike, acoustic full size guitar/case, tools, and plenty of camping/clothing for a 2 month trip back to the midwest. I could still see out the back, and had room for a passenger. The only thing I havent been able to fit is a full size refrigerator or perhaps another hatch (for my other supra) from the junkyard. Simply gobs of space. Leave the DSM copies of the supra for others.

Eric G

mad_machine
mad_machine SuperDork
9/20/11 12:52 p.m.
turboswede wrote:
ditchdigger wrote: Sunbeam Talbot

AKA precursor to the Plymouth Horizon/Dodge Omni (Sunbeam Horizon)

Shame they didn't leave it RWD

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke Reader
9/20/11 12:59 p.m.

Datsun 510 wagon, Mazda RX-3 wagon, Toyota Cressida wagon, aaand that's about it off the top of my head. Most of the other eligible vehicles have been mentioned.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
9/20/11 1:06 p.m.
ditchdigger wrote: Sunbeam Talbot

Was that available in US?

ditchdigger
ditchdigger Dork
9/20/11 1:29 p.m.

In reply to 93EXCivic:

Nope. Shame too. It is a bit homely but has a lot of performance potential.

Wonder if any made it to Canada?

turboswede
turboswede SuperDork
9/20/11 1:47 p.m.

Porsche 924/944

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku Dork
9/20/11 1:59 p.m.

Chevette / T1000

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku Dork
9/20/11 2:00 p.m.
Klayfish wrote: Would you call these "hatchbacks"?? I don't remember if the whole thing opened.

Nope, thats a fastback. The glass did not lift. MonteCarlo version was the same way.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde HalfDork
9/20/11 3:11 p.m.

Hey, there's a Pinto wagon in pretty good shape on the Macon, GA craigslist for well under a grand. Looks to be a 4dr though.

Ranger50
Ranger50 Dork
9/20/11 3:33 p.m.
ultraclyde wrote: Hey, there's a Pinto wagon in pretty good shape on the Macon, GA craigslist for well under a grand. Looks to be a 4dr though.

No such animal.

mad_machine
mad_machine SuperDork
9/20/11 4:35 p.m.
Gearheadotaku wrote:
Klayfish wrote: Would you call these "hatchbacks"?? I don't remember if the whole thing opened.

Nope, thats a fastback. The glass did not lift. MonteCarlo version was the same way.

I could not imagine getting ANYTHING into that trunk

familytruckster
familytruckster New Reader
9/20/11 4:35 p.m.

They have hatches...

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 Dork
9/20/11 4:47 p.m.

mad_machine
mad_machine SuperDork
9/20/11 4:50 p.m.

^^^ I have not seen one of those in years that did not have a rotted out hatch

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 Dork
9/20/11 4:54 p.m.
mad_machine wrote: ^^^ I have not seen one of those in years that did not have a rotted out hatch

I added the Capri while you were typing, but I know you meant the Supra.

It's weird. I saw one last weekend at the junk yard with a clean hatch. Some rusted, some didn't. Never could understand why. My old '84 had a ton of rust, and this was back in the 90s. I got a clean hatch from the junk yard and never had another problem. Weird.

Joshua
Joshua HalfDork
9/20/11 6:14 p.m.

In reply to fast_eddie_72:

They probably came from two different production cycles, one was treated or used a different steel to slow the rust.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku Dork
9/20/11 9:04 p.m.
mad_machine wrote:
Gearheadotaku wrote:
Klayfish wrote: Would you call these "hatchbacks"?? I don't remember if the whole thing opened.

Nope, thats a fastback. The glass did not lift. MonteCarlo version was the same way.

I could not imagine getting ANYTHING into that trunk

The only thing you put in that trunk is 12packs of beer. And yes, I want one of these cars. Saw one at the Sandhills Challage with a big block, full race suspension and an interior that had a cage w/ race seats but covered in original style fabrics and vinyl. Very, very cool.

NGTD
NGTD Dork
9/20/11 9:11 p.m.
ditchdigger wrote: In reply to 93EXCivic: Nope. Shame too. It is a bit homely but has a lot of performance potential. Wonder if any made it to Canada?

Pretty sure the answer to that is no - I have never seen a Talbot except in rally videos from Europe.

tr8todd
tr8todd Reader
9/20/11 9:57 p.m.

Was that Chevy Citation X11 a rear driver? Those things were pretty quick. Rover SD1 is a hatch back with a V8. Drives like a TR8 with a back seat.

turboswede
turboswede SuperDork
9/20/11 10:05 p.m.

Camaro/Firebird? I hear they are "hot"

Corvette?

200SX?

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Web Manager
9/20/11 10:21 p.m.
tr8todd wrote: Was that Chevy Citation X11 a rear driver? Those things were pretty quick. Rover SD1 is a hatch back with a V8. Drives like a TR8 with a back seat.

The Citation was FWD, but I like the way you think.

I like the Monza

mmosbey
mmosbey Reader
9/20/11 10:30 p.m.

I test drove a 2002 C230 manual when new, and really liked it.

hotg54b
hotg54b New Reader
9/20/11 10:45 p.m.

starquest

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke Reader
9/21/11 1:28 a.m.

Almost forgot about the Honda S800!

1 2 3
Our Preferred Partners
PMVzaJquFeTIZKMWfFJLnBI85H3KOC5v