John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
8/8/19 1:07 p.m.

Last weekend, I sold this 2007 Saab 9-3 to by babysitter's, sister's, boyfriend.  A nice guy of 21 yrs old, working as an intern-something related to electrical engineer degree while living generally close to University of Cincinnati (generally the hood.)   

While I had the Saab it developed a power steering fluid leak in the high pressure hose of the passenger side.  I tried to fix it w/ JB Weld.  That did not work.  The leak was coming from where the metal hose meets the engine cradle.  It just seems to be a place that holds the water/salt and causes the rust.  Being that the replacement of the hoses is easier done with a lift, I had one of my local, regular guys do the install of the parts that I sourced from Advance Auto.  The Saab got both the gear side hose and the pump side hose replaced with CarQuest brand parts.  

The hoses got installed Friday, the car was picked up Saturday morning and the car changed hands on that same Saturday.  The car was then driven about a combined 4 hours of driving to get the car back to his home in Cincinnati.  It was the following day he said the PS is leaking again and car is hard to steer.  

The 21 yr old is a nice guy but not that mechanically inclined and apt living doesn't provide for a great place to fix.  

Can someone in the Cincinnati recommend a reputable shop that might be able look at this power steering?  I'm hoping it is just a situation of needing tightened.  

PS:

This PS leak was not in any way related to the bumper bash of this Saab.

I also don't think it was actually leaking when I bought the car.  I think it is just unfortunate circumstances where the leak developed while I was the owner of the car.  As such, I sold this very nice Saab off for $1,900 and that is after sinking $427 into PS hoses and install.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gewYJ4gU9ReM5I3Qhi6riM1kkuEadznscRW0xBKUuup63Yua7qLrWLulxbhB20Ti