1 2
FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy Reader
4/16/18 8:14 a.m.

Just watching him train for the shooting portions of John Wick made me dig him. He takes things seriously, but is also pretty down to earth.

Also, there's supposedly another Bill & Ted, which I don't mind one bit.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/16/18 8:32 a.m.

I would go on a motorcycle ride with Keanu Reeves. Separate bikes, out of respect.

xflowgolf
xflowgolf Dork
4/16/18 9:10 a.m.

did this project get killed?  the prior google hits all showed pre-production in like Feb. 2017 and basically nothing since.  Seems there would be more hype by now otherwise.  

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
4/16/18 9:22 a.m.

In reply to xflowgolf :

Who knows...  it seems production companies often keep their cards as close as possible. Especially these days when there can be all sorts of delays with script approval and funding and actor schedules.

fidelity101
fidelity101 UltraDork
4/16/18 9:23 a.m.

rally in the states? always very little hype.

Wonder if this film makes it explode with popularity again? Never know - hollywood can do some weird things...

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
4/16/18 9:32 a.m.
einy said:

Can’t wait for John Wick 3 ... reportedly it is in production now.

Yes! I watched John Wick 2 yesterday and as the ending was finishing I immediately thought, well they set this up for another one didn't they?

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/16/18 11:19 a.m.

I'd happily watch a 3rd John Wick movie, hooray violence!! (Just lay off wrecking the old Mustangs...)

Bob the REAL oil guy.
Bob the REAL oil guy. MegaDork
4/16/18 11:25 a.m.
bigdaddylee82 said:

The fact that Keanu trained his ass off, and most of the effects were practical, helped me really like the John Wick movies.

Also, you don't berk with a man's dog.

all this. 

Kreb
Kreb GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/16/18 11:56 a.m.

Agree with the general positive sentiment IRT Reeves. The Wick movies though.... seriously? They epitomize the strange movie reality that somehow you can have a complete baddass yet when the hero comes along shoot with all the accuracy of a blind person. Kind of like how in old movie chase scenes, the bad guy in the 6 cylinder American sedan still manages to keep up with the good guy in the E-type.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
4/16/18 11:57 a.m.

Loved John Wick, I've tried watching John Wick 2 on two separate occasions and came to the same conclusion part way through. 'This sucks' and gave up, I'll pass on JW3.  I've got to go back and watch the Matrix series again after enjoying Carrie-Ann Moss as Jeri Hogarth in Jessica Jones.  Trying to talk my 17 year old into watching with me but she's not interested so far.  If this movie comes out I'll certainly watch it no matter what the reviews.

I have heard he is one of the nicest, most (genuinely, not just for the press and PR) generous actors out there.  

P.S. Off topic.   My sister and many other women I know think Reeves is uber sexy, I just don't get it.  I can understand why women, or men, find the likes of Hugh Jackman, Jude Law or  many other attractive/sexy, but Reeves? I just don't get it.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/16/18 12:00 p.m.
jfryjfry said:

I can confirm that he is an extraordinarily generous and wonderful person.  I had the pleasure of doubling him for the two John wick movies doing the driving and have not worked with a more wonderful a-lister. 

He works as hard as anyone and is very appreciative of everyone involved   

I hope that his rally movie happens and hope to be a part of it!

I hate you for all of this in the best way possible. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/16/18 12:02 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson said:

Loved John Wick, I've tried watching John Wick 2 on two separate occasions and came to the same conclusion part way through. 'This sucks' and gave up, I'll pass on JW3.  I've got to go back and watch the Matrix series again after enjoying Carrie-Ann Moss as Jeri Hogarth in Jessica Jones.  Trying to talk my 17 year old into watching with me but she's not interested so far.  If this movie comes out I'll certainly watch it no matter what the reviews.

I have heard he is one of the nicest, most (genuinely, not just for the press and PR) generous actors out there.  

P.S. Off topic.   My sister and many other women I know think Reeves is uber sexy, I just don't get it.  I can understand why women, or men, find the likes of Hugh Jackman, Jude Law or  many other attractive/sexy, but Reeves? I just don't get it.

Many women I know like that type, because while he looks dirty and gross and bad, hes a total nice guy. It's the reverse of nun in the streets, devil in the sheets that guys want. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
10/2/19 10:18 a.m.

I enjoy his movies, and I enjoy the fact that his private life is private and he doesn't show his political/religious beliefs down our throats. That is the best thing about him IMO. He knows his place in life as an entertainer and he works his ass off to do his best. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
10/2/19 10:35 a.m.

Not sure how this thread got resurrected (more canoes?), but to the point of the thread, Keanu also has a healthy bit of self-deprication.  He recently played himself in a Netflix movie, and he did a very good job of making himself look like a total d-bag (totally opposite of his actual character from what I have read):

Vigo
Vigo MegaDork
10/2/19 10:38 a.m.

I didn't watch that show but i happened to see that scene as my SWMBO was watching it and it was in fact, hilarious. 

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
10/2/19 10:40 a.m.

Saw the John wick's on a plane..  About the only place I enjoy that kinda stuff.. when locked in an alumnium tube for hours.. 

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
10/2/19 11:03 a.m.

A) Yes, deleted canoe is the source for this thread bubbling up 

bobzilla said:

I enjoy his movies, and I enjoy the fact that his private life is private and he doesn't show his political/religious beliefs down our throats. That is the best thing about him IMO. He knows his place in life as an entertainer and he works his ass off to do his best. 

B) further extrapolation on that theme...

_
_ HalfDork
10/2/19 11:12 a.m.
Run_Away said:

How can anyone NOT like John Wick?

Too much gore. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
10/2/19 11:43 a.m.
_ said:
Run_Away said:

How can anyone NOT like John Wick?

Too much gore. 

Yes, this. Not that I'm for censorship or anything, but it just isn't my bag. 

It is one of those things - I could watch it and recognize it is a tremendous film, even think it deserves the Oscar, but not like it. I can also recognize that the Downton Abbey movie isn't that great, but I really, really loved the movie and will see it again (probably numerous times) when it comes to whatever streaming service. (Yes, I'm the boring 30 year old that loves Downton Abbey)

mtn
mtn MegaDork
10/2/19 11:44 a.m.

Also, Keanu Reeves is one superb human being. Class act all the way around.

b13990
b13990 Reader
10/2/19 4:19 p.m.
Trackmouse said:

Far too much violence. It’s the same reasons i HATE    

FPS VIDEO GAMES. 

I'm with you on both counts. Maybe it comes from growing up around guns / hunting. Spent too much time as a young person making sure I didn't pump another human full of lead to ever find the simulation thereof amusing.

Strangely, though, I had been wondering these last few weeks if there was or would be a rally movie.

ShawnG
ShawnG PowerDork
10/2/19 4:42 p.m.

Woah!

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
10/2/19 5:12 p.m.
sleepyhead the buffalo said:

A) Yes, deleted canoe is the source for this thread bubbling up 

bobzilla said:

B) further extrapolation on that theme...

Spot on. 

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
10/3/19 7:38 a.m.
lrrs said:
NickD said:

I'm okay with this.

Me too, as long as it is not "speed"goofy.  

I dunno, jumping a section of missing bridge in a rally movie would make a great in-joke.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bvjhTESevjcUU0nuXHVBIRAJEJcwT38DZ0reKQ2GYN9ptb2fLgFz360gFbtF4ipP