dherr
dherr GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/24/19 9:07 p.m.

I am helping a friend that bought an MGB with a SBC and powerglide. We are converting it to a 5 speed and just pulled the engine and trans. We want to be able to put back some of the floor and trans tunnel that was cut out for the powerglide and we cut up a parts car to pull the original transmission tunnel to make it easier.

I know this is a long shot, but does anyone have one of those SBC plastic mockup engines? You can buy them from Summit and others but they cost over $450 and that is just too much. We are trying to eliminate having to pull the engine back and forth as we make changes and possibly move the engine location and it would be so much easier with the mock up engine, but not worth paying $450. Would love to "rent" one from one of you for the cost of shipping plus what ever makes it worth your time and effort. I thought you could buy them for $150, but apparently that is only for 1/4 block that mocks up the front only.

Gimp
Gimp GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/24/19 9:15 p.m.

Where are you located? I have one I’d let go for 200 bucks.  It has been repaired where it got damaged at the motor mounts, but should work just fine.  I’m near Baltimore, MD. 

dherr
3/24/19 10:08 p.m.

I live in Frederick, so we can pick it up. Let me confirm with my friend and I'll PM you with my contact details. Thanks!

dherr
3/25/19 8:22 a.m.

PM sent!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
he92Ij7xcuN8OW0xlCxFQ0gZXs8rOYCC7Ea92eqwSrr0lbBaY8xiIUIJUXYP3UUM