1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 ... 113
Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA SuperDork
4/6/20 12:04 a.m.
loosecannon said:
dculberson (Forum Supporter) said:

I'm a commercial landlord. Any landlord not bending over backwards for their good tenants right now is shooting themselves in the foot. I'm doing everything feasible to help my tenants make it through this. My bills aren't stopping either, but they'll still come if the building is empty too!

I hope the landlord comes around, they make $10,000 a month profit off of us for 16 years now, you would think they would give a little back.

My wife pays about the same rent as you for her home staging and interior design business.  She's getting some relief from her landlord.  That happened before she had to ask.  My question for your landlord would be, "Who else will occupy your building in the middle of a berkeleying pandemic?"

759NRNG (Forum Supporter)
759NRNG (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/6/20 10:59 a.m.
loosecannon said:
759NRNG (Forum Supporter) said:

Dang bro......at least all your pretties are safe and sound.....OTR trucking (duh) is in high demand .....just sayin'

If I return to my former career as a long haul truck driver, I'll make sure to look you up in Texas

OH HELL YEAH!!!!!!......and I'll be standin'  in the driveway sportin' the 'PINK' cross hangin round my neckwink

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
4/6/20 4:45 p.m.

You will be happy to know that the Panther has been moved from the house back to the track. The rent is paid for April so I may as well use my free time to work on the car.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/6/20 4:55 p.m.

yesyes

759NRNG (Forum Supporter)
759NRNG (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/7/20 11:40 a.m.
loosecannon said:

You will be happy to know that the Panther has been moved from the house back to the track. The rent is paid for April so I may as well use my free time to work on the car.

Shoot..... it's purty darn near springtime there wink......is the burb move to home on that thread?

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
4/8/20 7:38 a.m.

I started making a new splitter because the splitter rule changed over the winter and here's where I'm at. It's super ugly right now but I hope with some trimming and end plates, I can make it acceptable

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
4/9/20 8:34 p.m.

Not done yet but it's getting there

Gimp (Forum Supporter)
Gimp (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/9/20 8:36 p.m.

What in the rules on the splitter specifically changed?

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
4/9/20 8:51 p.m.
Gimp (Forum Supporter) said:

What in the rules on the splitter specifically changed?

The splitter length went from 6" to 8" and some believed that my old end plates were illegal. Some think this design is illegal but honestly, I'm getting tired of how vague the rules are

Gimp (Forum Supporter)
Gimp (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/9/20 8:53 p.m.

Let them eat cake... I mean, throw paper. 

759NRNG (Forum Partidario)
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UltraDork
4/9/20 9:15 p.m.

"The splitter length went from 6" to 8" and some believed that my old end plates were illegal. Some think this design is illegal but honestly, I'm getting tired of how vague the rules are" 

Honestly what influence(insert conspiracy theory here) does jk truly have ANYWAY?!?!?!???? 

SkinnyG
SkinnyG UltraDork
4/9/20 9:18 p.m.
loosecannon said:

.... but honestly, I'm getting tired of how vague the rules are

Sounds like a move to A/Mod is in order :)

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
4/9/20 9:31 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG (Forum Partidario) :

Be careful what you say, somebody on this forum is a snitch

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
4/12/20 9:21 p.m.

The rendered version

And the real version (not quite finished, the red bit from the render is not finished yet)

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
4/15/20 6:41 p.m.

Ok, here is the new splitter and spats, just needing paint. The new one is fastened onto the car better, has a better angle of attack and has more adjustment

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
4/19/20 12:46 p.m.

New video is out!! Click the link Episode 254 New aero

4/19/20 5:58 p.m.

Freeze slime ball!!!!!...... the Aero police are on their way....do not try to escape!!!! wink 

alfadriver (Forum Supporter)
alfadriver (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/19/20 8:35 p.m.

Pretty cool.  Any chance you can put some yarn behind the tires, and a camera down there to show what the air is doing?

Also- would it be beneficial to close off the air coming from under the hood area?  

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
4/19/20 11:28 p.m.
alfadriver (Forum Supporter) said:

Pretty cool.  Any chance you can put some yarn behind the tires, and a camera down there to show what the air is doing?

Also- would it be beneficial to close off the air coming from under the hood area?  

I have thought about how to do the yarn test and typically it involves driving at a steady speed and recording what the yarn is doing. I can't do that because the car isn't street legal but I might be able to do it to a small area and film it during a run. There is a benefit of blocking off the area from under the hood from the wheels but it is too difficult to pull off because of the suspension and steering moving around. 

frenchyd
frenchyd PowerDork
4/20/20 2:51 a.m.

In reply to loosecannon :

Do you have a big box fan. Or big fan of any sort?  Not saying it would be accurate but at least give you an indication.  
one other option how big is the tank  in your air compressor?  Can you connect a series of air compressors together?  
Now grab a big horn.   Maybe from an old semi?   I suppose if you want to be quasi scientific about it you could grab one of those wind anemometers and see what sort of airflow you're working  with. 
the wool tufts won't measure down force but maybe you could put it on scales and try to extrapolate?  
How about a really big motor, ( some old V8 ) motor? a propeller off an airplane  somebody someplace must have a propeller that isn't safe to fly with anymore but might work  for a few minutes?   a plywood/ metal box to direct the air?  
Just  how cheap could you build a wind tunnel?  

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
4/20/20 3:57 a.m.

In reply to loosecannon :

I think the hard part is, that you probably want to do ~60, probably for ~5sec.  Then you need to go past a camera with high resolution/sharpness, wide view angle, and high frame rate.

Also, after watching your video, and how you've re-extended your floor behind the rear tire... I'm concerned that that cantilevered flat panel could use some extra strength support along the outer edge tied in to the other vertical piece that attaches it to the body.

alfadriver (Forum Supporter)
alfadriver (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/20/20 6:43 a.m.
loosecannon said:
alfadriver (Forum Supporter) said:

I have thought about how to do the yarn test and typically it involves driving at a steady speed and recording what the yarn is doing. I can't do that because the car isn't street legal but I might be able to do it to a small area and film it during a run. There is a benefit of blocking off the area from under the hood from the wheels but it is too difficult to pull off because of the suspension and steering moving around. 

Here's the thing- doing that kind of testing gives you data for one speed going in a straight line.  Which isn't where you want this to have an effect.  The whole intention of having the device there is to do something going around a corner- so the wheel is changed direction, and air flow in the area is angled, and the dynamics of the ground is sideways.  

While it would provide neater information doing it at steady speed in a straight line, having data when doing dynamic moves wil show the tool being used when you want it to work the best.

As for the sealing of the side- I'm sure your CAD system can come up with something clever.  Scissors rock with paper!  

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
4/20/20 8:16 p.m.

I was sent this picture today from a photographer who was at a local event last year, it's been too long since I drove the car

4/20/20 8:36 p.m.

And before you know it, you will again with  a renewed focus/conviction make all this seem like a bad dream with you and your lovely awakening to a new day ready for the challenges as you've experienced many times before.....y'all will DO THIS.....peace out  

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
4/21/20 9:44 p.m.

I did a nut and bolt check of the car, put the new splitter, floor and diffuser on then did some laps of the kart track until I ran out of gas :( I'll probably have a new video out tomorrow

1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 ... 113

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8zOz3rKkPyFgHGK5u42l6AjmDJEB69PcdVKcG5NwbC8LJoFaDnMhy6X0jwLv34DK