loosecannon
loosecannon Dork
10/19/17 6:34 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

Don't forget, my new engine cover is clear :(

759NRNG
759NRNG Dork
10/19/17 9:05 p.m.

Put a stickie on the cover in that general vicinity......race cars can never have enough stickies

loosecannon
loosecannon Dork
10/19/17 11:12 p.m.

It was a big inconvenience to get at the left side of the motor because the panel that contained all the gauges and wires had to be moved. I moved all the gauges to the spot I was reserving for a digital dash and also simplified the switches. I still have all the wiring to do and plan on doing a real nice job of it, which probably means ordering some new electrical bits and pieces. I am not worried about the steering wheel blocking gauges, I never look at them on a run. I only look at oil and temp gauges while waiting to run and the boost and afr gauges when on the dyno.

759NRNG
759NRNG Dork
10/20/17 8:56 a.m.

Well done.....like the old skool versus digital 

loosecannon
loosecannon Dork
10/24/17 7:59 p.m.
759NRNG
759NRNG Dork
10/24/17 8:39 p.m.

Loose congrats!!! ditch the lexan covers for dedicated wiring trays .......alumeeum channel or such. Hey how stinkin' cold is it that you're wearin' a dadgum bomber jacket???   -6 to 0 C?

loosecannon
loosecannon Dork
10/24/17 9:44 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

lol, it was chilly outside and I was so excited to get the new sensor on that I didn't even bother to take my jacket off.  The Lexan covers that I made are often taken off for a variety of things so I can't turn them into an electrical panel. There aren't a lot of places to put the electrical that are protected AND accessible so I have some thinkin' to do about placement. I'm pretty happy to find the problem and hope the ECM actually permits boost, but I won't know until I drive it.

loosecannon
loosecannon Dork
10/31/17 10:38 p.m.

Don't worry, I have been working steadily on the car. Here is a sneak peek at what I am up to

Gimp
Gimp GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/1/17 8:08 a.m.

You may have already covered it in this thread, but what is the name of the exterior color (other than gray) for the car and where did you source the paint from?

loosecannon
loosecannon Dork
11/1/17 9:13 p.m.

In reply to Gimp :

It's a Porsche color with a german name, I will get it for you. I got the paint at NAPA

759NRNG
759NRNG Dork
11/1/17 11:15 p.m.

I'm sorry LooseC, but in the name of all that is sacred (in my minds eye) ditch the lexan panels (+/-1.1 lbs??) and focus on NO MORE DRAMA ........as the sticker here in deep east Texas says.......git in sit down n' hang on !!!

loosecannon
loosecannon Dork
11/2/17 9:04 a.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

I might have to remake those panels anyways and probably will not go with the lexan, except for the rear spoiler

759NRNG
759NRNG Dork
11/2/17 10:04 a.m.

The  exterior ones are fine .....it's the interior ones i wuz referrin' to.

loosecannon
loosecannon Dork
11/2/17 6:32 p.m.

Wiring is finally done, after 14 hours

759NRNG
759NRNG Dork
11/3/17 2:56 p.m.

"Thanks, electrical is my weakest area (except maybe for my Tig welding) and I dreaded the whole thing but after watching the Bad Obsession Motorsports guys do outstanding work on their Mini project, I decided that I have to up my game. Watch these guys, you won't regret it"     I've said it before and I'll say it again your fab skills rival BOM and you 're not doing this 'for a living' (kartworld). All I've seen in those vids are complex sheetmetal bracket bending exercises.....oh and a hvac blower housing. The TRUTH in their build will come when they attack the 'intake/snail/intercooler plumbing under that tiny bonnet.....that and getting it sorted. Maybe i'm a bit partial being a 'B' owner wink

loosecannon
loosecannon Dork
11/3/17 6:40 p.m.

loosecannon
loosecannon Dork
11/4/17 8:00 p.m.
Gimp said:

You may have already covered it in this thread, but what is the name of the exterior color (other than gray) for the car and where did you source the paint from?

OldDave
OldDave New Reader
11/5/17 10:42 p.m.

= grayish-black

loosecannon
loosecannon Dork
11/5/17 10:57 p.m.

I think I may go to a lighter gray when I repaint the car. This gray gets very hot in the Nebraska sun. Here is an example of the Nardo gray that I like

Gimp
Gimp GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/6/17 9:24 a.m.

In reply to loosecannon :

Thanks!  I'm actually considering Nardo Gray for my car.  We might end up twins!

loosecannon
loosecannon Dork
11/8/17 9:39 a.m.

Every pound and every tenth of a second counts in EMod so I got this lightweight ring and pinion to accomplish a few things. It is 4 lbs lighter than the old gear set which helps with unsprung weight and rotational mass, and it is a 3.70 ratio which raises my 2nd gear speed from 70 mph to 76 mph and eliminates the need for a 3rd gear shift.

loosecannon
loosecannon Dork
11/8/17 8:45 p.m.

I make a heat shield out of titanium and show a little more about the new ring and pinion

OldDave
OldDave New Reader
11/8/17 10:44 p.m.
loosecannon said:

I think I may go to a lighter gray when I repaint the car. This gray gets very hot in the Nebraska sun. Here is an example of the Nardo gray that I like

Looks like primer gray with a clear coat!!

loosecannon
loosecannon Dork
11/8/17 11:18 p.m.

In reply to OldDave :

Isn't "nardo" Italian for "primer"?

1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 ... 113

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
c7A4dfCn0oWsMsxw9D0huvrl4XxX2958gUXx5Ym06K4sXrHzKfg0cvcbQCMbD8BQ