1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 ... 113
loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
12/4/19 7:57 p.m.

Ok, got an update. The person in question posted on Facebook what I actually did wrong so now I know what to do. I posted a video in 2017 of his car coming through a slalom and my car coming through the same slalom and I did a comparison. He was angered by this and sent me a message but in the message, he didn't actually tell me what I did wrong and he didn't respond to my questions. Now that I know, I can go back and remove that video but I actually can't find it on YouTube so not sure where to go from here. Still, it seems like an unreasonable reaction to somebody filming your car. Shoot, people video tape my car all the time and don't ask permission.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/4/19 8:43 p.m.

A lawyer ffs...

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
12/5/19 7:15 a.m.

I could be wrong, but I don't think you did anything legally incorrect.  You were at a public function, where people will be filmed by everyone.  Which means there's a fair use of photos that you personally take.

If the video was shot by someone else, and you used it, that would be a problem.  But if YOU shot it, in a public location, and then used it personally, I'm really not sure if there's grounds for you to remove it.  It's nice if you to take it down, but if you had a lawyer, I really don't see them having a decent case.  

I'm not a lawyer, though.  And you'd have to check YT, FB, and Google policy over that.

IMHO, it would have been a lot better if that person asked in a very specific way to preserve their privacy.  Ironically, they have chosen to give it up being on FB and all.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
12/5/19 8:52 a.m.
loosecannon said:

In reply to alfadriver :

I agree with you, he really doesn't have a case but I'm not a jerk so I removed everything. I find it curious that he gets his car into articles and pictures all the time but I take a video and I'm doing something bad. It has been suggested that he's being this way because he can see that I'm catching up to him. Maybe that's it or maybe he's just not a nice guy? 

The sad think about that is you can STILL record him, and STILL compare your cars- just not show that to the world.  So it's not as if you can't still learn something.  Heck, I'd bet you could even set up a drone to get an overhead shot, if you wanted.

And it's not as if the rest of the world does not see you catching up- the SCCA results are published to everybody.  Maybe he needs to threaten the SCCA, too, since they are showing him getting caught....

In the end, it's more reason that this board and thread are so interested in helping you win EM.  Nicely done by your competitor- you get more free help.  

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
12/5/19 9:00 a.m.

It boggles the mind...  Litigious Person(I am struggling to be nice and not say dickhead) runs at a national level sporting event, allowing his name and likeness to be published widely in for profit publications and takes exception to a youtube video analyzing relative performance?

I dont mean to pry into this, but was the video monetized on youtube? Attached to an advertisement for your business? Any other way you were conceivably making money off of it?

It could be that hes making money (or other benefits, someone mentioned to me he gets tire tests?) out of looking good, so controlling anything that conceivable makes him look bad?   Yeah, thats kinda dickish. 

adam525i
adam525i GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/5/19 9:02 a.m.

This will make victory all that much better! If he wants to waste money on lawyers so be it, let your driving do the talking.

Keep pushing, we're all rooting for you.

Adam

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
12/5/19 5:57 p.m.

In reply to alfadriver :

Yes, I can still record him and if he's on the test course the same time as me, I will. I am encouraged by your words, to be honest I have been quite stressed over this mess and it helps to think I have people on this board rooting for me to beat him.

In reply to Apexcarver :

Videos on YouTube are not monetized until you have 1000 subscribers and I only have 500. I am not attempting to sell anything, I was just showing his car and my car coming through the same slalom. He donates guitars to the Nebraska Region (they put on Nationals) and gets special priveleges like tire tests, front row parking and not having to work. I think it's only natural that the guy who wins every year is brought up in conversations and videos about the class. I am genuinely surprised that he is so worked up over the video. I have a lot of mixed feelings about it (and am losing sleep) because on one hand I hate being threatened and like standing up to bullies but on the other, I don't like escalating conflict and would much rather shake hands and forget about it. I very much want to win Nationals, it's not about beating him, I'm not out to beat him, I'm out to beat everybody. 

759NRNG
759NRNG UltraDork
12/5/19 8:19 p.m.

JK is afraid ...............very afraid that his fiefdom is coming to a close....and thanks to you and Brigit!!! An EMod winning career is worth securing legal counsel over a supposed ytube video................yo BRAH sell more AXES and STFU!!!!!..... sorry MS

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
12/5/19 8:52 p.m.
loosecannon said:

I'm out to beat everybody. 

Awesome mindset! Keep pushing-it's fun to watch. 

bentwrench
bentwrench SuperDork
12/5/19 11:06 p.m.

You must fight back or he will occupy a place in your head.

If you let him in your head, you're toast.

Make sure he sees you filming him, or have whoever is filming him wear a sign (that he can read) with your name on it.

Psychological warfare at the races is so much fun! You might need multiple photographers!

Gimp
Gimp GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/5/19 11:21 p.m.

This honestly gives me even more appreciation for my fellow C-Prepared competitors. 

Catatafish
Catatafish HalfDork
12/6/19 12:22 a.m.

Hmmmmm

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1797174

Catatafish
Catatafish HalfDork
12/6/19 12:26 a.m.
Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
12/6/19 7:41 a.m.
loosecannon said:

I think it's only natural that the guy who wins every year is brought up in conversations and videos about the class. I am genuinely surprised that he is so worked up over the video. I have a lot of mixed feelings about it (and am losing sleep) because on one hand I hate being threatened and like standing up to bullies but on the other, I don't like escalating conflict and would much rather shake hands and forget about it. I very much want to win Nationals, it's not about beating him, I'm not out to beat him, I'm out to beat everybody. 

I dont think anyone on here thinks you did anything wrong. I am not a lawyer, but I would venture to say that you would likely win if it did go to court if you really arent making anything off of it if I understand the statute correctly. I would also say that actually taking it to court just represents a royal pain in the backside and would quickly tun into a pi$$ing match on who can afford to spend more on lawyers (which I would guess is him). He likely doesnt have to win to get what he wants here, which is to hurt you. It SUCKS to not stand up to a bully (which he is coming strongly across as here), but the best way to do it is to not let it under your skin. 

Go whup his ass (on the course). 

TVR Scott
TVR Scott GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/6/19 9:27 a.m.

That guy must be green with envy.

Water off a duck's back.  Just keep doing what you do, improve, and be the best you can.  Petty BS is for the weak.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
12/6/19 10:02 a.m.
TVR Scott said:

That guy must be PINK with envy.

Water off a duck's back.  Just keep doing what you do, improve, and be the best you can.  Petty BS is for the weak.

FYP   smiley

FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy HalfDork
12/6/19 10:10 a.m.

Heh, I'm fairly certain it's perfectly legal for you to use your own video that you recorded in a public domain. If that wasn't the case, everyone would be suing everyone after they asked to stopped being filmed.

Dude's a douche for paying a lawyer a couple hundred to send you a bullE36 M3 C&D. He's being a low-end bully and willing to throw away money to do so.

Wreck 'im. On the track.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
12/6/19 3:47 p.m.

So leaving behind the competitor controversy....

New rear spoiler, new front splitter, and new trailer.

Anything else?  

Watching you move the car around makes it look like the engine is running quite well, so that's good.  And you've mentioned that you have multiple tunes for the conditions.  Now to see if VSS change work well...  On that, any indications on why it failed?

And what about fine tuning the suspension?  Not being a chassis guy, it will be interesting to learn from your development.

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
12/6/19 7:17 p.m.

OK guys I have another update. He sent me a rather long email explaining how we got here and I'll have to admit that he makes a pretty good case of how I'm the jerk. We used to be friends and I don't want to rehash it all here but some of the things I've said here and elsewhere have been screenshot to him and I definitely have acted jealous and hateful, not really the words of a friend. I gotta learn how to take advice graciously or at least be thankful for the advice and not dismissive. Anyways, don't have any hatred for him, he's just trying to win, just like I'm trying to win. Let's move forward.  Do you guys think it would be worthwhile to get an aluminum diff yoke (2 lb reduction) and aluminum driveshaft (unknown weight difference)?

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
12/6/19 7:36 p.m.

Meh, I'm not sure I buy it. He is overconfident he is right, and you seem to have a tendency to think you might be wrong. I have seen a few instances where you mention him pushing the limits of the rules-and then you copied him. I saw once where you said he drove your car and complimented the power. I think I have read everything you put in print here and I don't have any recollection of anything negative besides those points. You have focused on what he does because he is the dominant winner in your class. That is normal. He is bothered and opens the "please stop it" statements with the threat of a lawsuit? Still don't see you being the jerk. Edit-still see the track as the best way to solve it.

759NRNG
759NRNG UltraDork
12/6/19 8:25 p.m.
loosecannon said:

OK guys I have another update. He sent me a rather long email explaining how we got here and I'll have to admit that he makes a pretty good case of how I'm the jerk. We used to be friends and I don't want to rehash it all here but some of the things I've said here and elsewhere have been screenshot to him and I definitely have acted jealous and hateful, not really the words of a friend. I gotta learn how to take advice graciously or at least be thankful for the advice and not dismissive. Anyways, don't have any hatred for him, he's just trying to win, just like I'm trying to win. Let's move forward.  Do you guys think it would be worthwhile to get an aluminum diff yoke (2 lb reduction) and aluminum driveshaft (unknown weight difference)?

Uh no you're NOT the JERK........and do not acknowledge or respond to any further commiques', this is his way of mind effen you... step away from this toxic ahat......you'll be better for it.....and hasn't the weight reduction two-step been contingent upon COG with Pink ????  

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
12/6/19 9:13 p.m.
alfadriver said:

So leaving behind the competitor controversy....

New rear spoiler, new front splitter, and new trailer.

Anything else?  

Watching you move the car around makes it look like the engine is running quite well, so that's good.  And you've mentioned that you have multiple tunes for the conditions.  Now to see if VSS change work well...  On that, any indications on why it failed?

And what about fine tuning the suspension?  Not being a chassis guy, it will be interesting to learn from your development.

The tune seems really good, which is why it acting up at Nationals was so strange. I rolled it out of the trailer with some changes in the driver demand torque map so when it was acting up, I assumed it was that and I changed it. Anyways, we now know it was the vehicle speed sensor, an Auto Meter unit attached to the speedo drive on the transmission. It is press fit together and it appears to have just failed where the two halves join. I put a new one in (same brand and model) and hope the fail was an anomoly.  I guess there is always room for improvement with the suspension but the balance is perfect, it feels great going into and out of corners and using a thermal imaging camera, the tire temps are even across the tread. I don't think I could feel a click this way or that way in the shocks. I would like to spend a day on concrete testing but there is no concrete around here and in Lincoln, you can buy runs on the test course but there's not enough time to make a lot of changes and test.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
12/6/19 10:26 p.m.

In reply to loosecannon :

So, in terms of the suspension, can you remind us how you got where you are?  Sounds like it would be a blast to drive, and one of your posts or vlogs, you mentioned how much your wife likes this set up, too.

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
12/7/19 7:13 p.m.
alfadriver said:

In reply to loosecannon :

So, in terms of the suspension, can you remind us how you got where you are?  Sounds like it would be a blast to drive, and one of your posts or vlogs, you mentioned how much your wife likes this set up, too.

Sure, I won't go back to the suspension set up in Pink Panther 1.0, 2.0 or 3.0. I'll start with Pink Panther 4.0. I used motorcycle coilovers with a pushrod/cantilever style suspension front and rear. I kept wrestling with inside wheelspin from tire lifting and we tried many combinations to fix it. I changed the spring rates to the heaviest ones available and could then change the motion ratio of the suspension rocker arms. This helped a lot because I got extra suspension travel but didn't cure the problem. I finally broke down and ordered Penske coilovers that would give me 8 inches of suspension travel. At the same time I sent my set up info to Ron Sutton Race Technology and he analyzed my set up over the course of 2 months. He had every shred of info on my car including weight, weight distribution and the x,y,z location of every part of the suspension. Ron finally sent me the spring rates, sway bar rates and precise location of all the suspension joints he wanted me to try. I made the changes and ordered the springs and front sway bar and installed everything. That spring I went to Springnationals in Lincoln and bought some test track time. Ron was at the end of a cell phone and after each run, I would text him the tire temps (inside, middle, outside). The balance of the car was pretty good right out of the box but with each adjustment, it got better. At first, the front tires were 15-20 degrees hotter than the rears due to understeer. Ron would look at the tire temps then text me something like "raise front tire pressures 2 psi, widen rear track width 1/4" per side" and I would do that and go out again. I would take tire temps again and he would text me what he wanted changed. In the end, I was 11 seconds quicker around the test course, tire temps were the same across the tread and front to rear and the handling was beautiful. I pride myself in my ability to drive around vehicle problems but it's a detriment sometimes. Several National Championship winning drivers drove the car before the Penskes and reported that it had evil handling. A couple of Champions have driven it since and have said they would not be afraid to drive the car at Nationals. I guess the real test is how confident Briget is in the car. All this year, she has been almost matching my times in the car because it's that much of a sweetheart to drive. It's not perfect yet, though. Mike Johnson (National Champion) has driven the green car and my car and reports that my car is great but the green car is the best autocross car he's ever driven. 

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
12/7/19 9:19 p.m.

Looks like I need to watch your last suspension video- I didn't realize that you could quickly adjust track width- unless you are doing that via spacers.  Pretty nice progress on how it worked out.  For sure, one area that I have some thoughts on how it works, but other than the multi link movement class I took, it's not something I know much about.

1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 ... 113

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ggcgDqITnPwOrnL7XV3REe1ieVFQuvs6CV9sj8sLwRW1mIEeB0xepZah0zaIjWsb