JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
4/2/20 8:32 a.m.
feature_image

If you think your weekends are free now that race tracks are closed for the foreseeable future, load up your virtual trailer and think again. Faced with the cancelation or indefinite postponement of several spring and summer Hoosier Super Tours, the SCCA, Hoosier and iRacing have teamed up to launch a full slate of sim spectacles throughout the next few …

Read the rest of the story

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
4/3/20 8:40 a.m.

Anyone else going to race alongside JG? One favor: Please don't nerf him off the track. Then I have to help load a damaged virtual car onto the virtual trailer.

Thanks. 

JG Pasterjak
4/3/20 11:36 a.m.

i think Im going to be running at a minimum the Touring and Big Bore races. Probably in a T2 Mustang and TCR Audi respectively. Although that crazy Caddy WC car is fun as hell for the Bir Bore group. If the timing works out I'll hit the MX-5 Cup as well.

PS: Stay tuned for some possible surprised regarding some GRM-themed iRacing skins, or so I hear...

David S. Wallens
4/3/20 11:54 a.m.

In reply to JG Pasterjak :

We can have the MX-5 waiting on grid for you, warmed-up and ready to go. 

_
_ Dork
4/3/20 12:04 p.m.

It should be interesting to see the turn out for participants. A lot of SCCA numbers are old-school and probably don't really know how to use a computer that well, much less have a good set of racing sim gear. 

David S. Wallens
4/3/20 12:15 p.m.

If last weekend's events are any indication, we're looking at full grids plus side events. 

JG Pasterjak
4/3/20 12:33 p.m.
David S. Wallens said:

If last weekend's events are any indication, we're looking at full grids plus side events. 

Yeah last weekend you had to sit there refreshing your computer waiting for the event to pop up as soon as it was created in order to get a spot. 

David S. Wallens
4/3/20 12:52 p.m.

In reply to JG Pasterjak :

So no different than Solo Nats. smiley

David S. Wallens
4/4/20 2:59 p.m.

Watch Saturday's race here. 

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/4/20 3:41 p.m.

Here we see the bravest man in vitual racing, standing directly in front of a Mustang. The Mustang must be distracted, eyeing the potential carnage of packed stands. 

David S. Wallens
4/4/20 4:09 p.m.

It's 5:09 on Saturday, and we're about to go green. 

David S. Wallens
4/4/20 4:49 p.m.

Watch for JG in the big-bore race in a TCR Audi. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/4/20 5:40 p.m.

I am watching broadcast quality coverage of what amounts to a video game and this feels weird

David S. Wallens
4/4/20 9:02 p.m.

Some Spec Pinata action from further back in today's pack.

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/4/20 9:10 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

At the end you just knew what that green car was going to do as if it was a GT race. 

David S. Wallens
4/4/20 9:53 p.m.

In reply to captdownshift (Forum Supporter) :

The race at the front looked great. 

JG Pasterjak
4/4/20 11:54 p.m.

During the Miata race my wife was at the table doing some school stuff and I had the race on the big screen. I winced during a replay of a particularly bad smack, and when she looked up I said "I know that guy."

"Do you think he's going to be okay?" was her response.

Yeah, honey. He's fine. Might have knocked over his Cheez Its in frustration, but I think he'll walk again.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3AA5x9du7vn9biTsFutp1UySBRUKma0XXhuLHb8S2j2ZZ7rTHSABJDXtwo55ncbh