1 2 3
EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/7/19 7:54 a.m.

One of the national challenge events is in Ohio this year. June 14-16. Registration is opening today at noon. 

http://msreg.com/2019glc

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/7/19 12:59 p.m.

Already?

edit: 19 entries already surprise

irish44j
irish44j MegaDork
5/8/19 10:39 p.m.

one of these days I'll get back out there. Need to improve on my prior finish (lost to Kevin by less than 1 second!)

Knurled.
5/8/19 10:57 p.m.

I miss National Trails so much...

Ross County Fairgrounds is a pretty decent place at least.  We run on the infield of the horse track, since they don't like it when we rut up the track itself.  The only (?) downside is that it is so large that one can't set up one'a them new sentinel-drone cybercameras what automatically tracks you, since you can't really see the whole course from any single given point.

At least, that is going to be my excuse for not bringing my Soloshot.  Y'all are just going to have to suffer the wrath of helmetcam.

30 entries so far!  And some interesting names... a certain old-school WOR regular is back, this time with a Focus RS.  (I'd ask for a ridealong in teh Velcro Focus but I still feel kinda bad (not bad) about the tire ruling from the 2016 RXNC)  A certain PA/MA dominatin' fool from New England is running in Stock Front in, apparently, a Mini.

FooBag
FooBag GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/9/19 9:39 a.m.
Knurled. said:
(I'd ask for a ridealong in teh Velcro Focus but I still feel kinda bad (not bad) about the tire ruling from the 2016 RXNC)  A certain PA/MA dominatin' fool from New England is running in Stock Front in, apparently, a Mini.

Don't you mean 2015?  I think Warren's class might be a mistake, since his co-driver is in PF and I saw pictures of that car with IndySport BR's mounted on it this past weekend.

Knurled.
5/9/19 11:42 a.m.
FooBag said:
Knurled. said:
(I'd ask for a ridealong in teh Velcro Focus but I still feel kinda bad (not bad) about the tire ruling from the 2016 RXNC)  A certain PA/MA dominatin' fool from New England is running in Stock Front in, apparently, a Mini.

Don't you mean 2015?  I think Warren's class might be a mistake, since his co-driver is in PF and I saw pictures of that car with IndySport BR's mounted on it this past weekend.

It was in Iowa.  Maybe you're right. 

In 2015, I was running a Stock class car in Prepared, sometimes with rally tires sometimes not.  One of the other protest foofaraws involved someone cross-classing like that but they gridded their car in the Prepared section for class inspection, so nobody noticed that it wasn't Stock legal until the event began.

moxnix
moxnix HalfDork
5/9/19 12:24 p.m.
FooBag said:
Knurled. said:

His class is correct.

Source : I was at the event this past weekend.

Knurled.
6/7/19 8:11 p.m.

Registration ends in less than a week.  61 entries already!  We may hit the cap.  (Still only two people in PR.... ahem)

Some very interesting names on the list too.  Dis gon' be good!

Knurled.
6/12/19 11:53 a.m.

Only two spots left!

moxnix
moxnix HalfDork
6/12/19 1:02 p.m.
Knurled. said:

Only two spots left!

Still hoping for more PR drivers.......

Know any SR miata drivers that want to try out rally tires for the weekend?

EvanB
6/12/19 1:49 p.m.

In reply to moxnix :

I'll move to PR if you don't protest me. cheeky

WillG80
WillG80 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
6/12/19 1:57 p.m.

This should be the only national tour event I won't make this year. Damn far away from Colorado.

Do I get bonus points for making the SCCA homepage with a GRM sticker on my car? 

dps214
dps214 New Reader
6/12/19 3:26 p.m.
moxnix said:
Knurled. said:

Only two spots left!

Dig up some snow tires and come play in SR with the cool kids. At least all the people in the class that I know would probably let you run.

moxnix
moxnix HalfDork
6/12/19 3:54 p.m.
dps214 said:
moxnix said:
Knurled. said:

Only two spots left!

Dig up some snow tires and come play in SR with the cool kids. At least all the people in the class that I know would probably let you run.

My car is about as legal for SR as evan's is for PR.

irish44j
irish44j MegaDork
6/12/19 4:57 p.m.
moxnix said:
dps214 said:
moxnix said:
Knurled. said:

Only two spots left!

Just bump up to MR. You just beat one of the top contenders for that class by 10 seconds last weekend ;)

Knurled.
6/12/19 8:38 p.m.
moxnix said:
dps214 said:
moxnix said:
Knurled. said:

Only two spots left!

So run in SR, so Evan can run in PR with nobody to protest him out.  Everyone is happy then!

I probably won't be able to make it to the event unfortunately.  Car is still in pieces and I am out of time.

EvanB
6/12/19 8:56 p.m.
Knurled. said:
moxnix said:
dps214 said:
moxnix said:
Knurled. said:

Only two spots left!

So run in SR, so Evan can run in PR with nobody to protest him out.  Everyone is happy then!

I probably won't be able to make it to the event unfortunately.  Car is still in pieces and I am out of time.

There are always cars available to drive...

paranoid_android
paranoid_android UberDork
6/12/19 8:57 p.m.

I’m not going to make it either, which is a sad thing for me.

dps214
dps214 New Reader
6/13/19 10:02 a.m.
moxnix said:
dps214 said:
moxnix said:
Knurled. said:

Only two spots left!

I'll be honest I had a brain fart when I initially posted this and forgot that prepared isn't just stock with rally tires. This is definitely not to say that the local SR guys aren't good competition (they are) but being a national event we were really hoping to run against some different people. I'd be fine with letting a mildly illegal car run as long as it's on legal tires but it would probably be a headache to get everyone else on board with it. I  second the suggestion to run modified and see how many people you can beat.

Knurled.
6/13/19 2:36 p.m.

In reply to EvanB :

got out of wrok early.  might not make the conference call.  Sisu.

FooBag
FooBag GRM+ Memberand Reader
6/13/19 6:03 p.m.

Are you guys going to have live results on the web anywhere? I'd love to follow along while wishing I was there!

EvanB
6/13/19 7:41 p.m.

In reply to FooBag :

Nope. Since scca doesn't bring their trailer and equipment out anymore we aren't equipped for that.

Knurled.
6/13/19 9:10 p.m.

laugh

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/15/19 1:46 p.m.

this has my attention 

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
6/16/19 4:19 p.m.

I think I saw on the Facebooks that they canceled all of today's runs?

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
U1Ib4i0t8KvZIjcP6iKr1unGZqk5urs4C9n0NBOPQDncF1lVncMKZDrhFh5w3TNq