1 2 3 4 5 6
Duke
Duke PowerDork
9/20/13 1:43 p.m.

Man, that was a nail-biter. What a finish!

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork

Yeah i don't want to race SM anymore.

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
yamaha wrote: They damn near hit the safety vehicle after turn 1

I wonder if the Chief Steward will have anything to say about that?

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director

SM is exciting, but I think if I were the chief steward I'd black flag the race and tear some new corn chutes for the way they're flagrantly disregarding yellows. Some bad stuff is gonna happen if they don't rein that in.

jg

hobiercr
9/20/13 1:44 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote: Yeah i don't want to race SM anymore.

I know I don't have the skill but I'm pretty sure I don't have the ego or the cahones to run SM.

fasted58
fasted58 PowerDork
9/20/13 1:45 p.m.

wazzat Nationwide or SM

mazdeuce
mazdeuce SuperDork
9/20/13 1:46 p.m.

Guy did go from 26th to 3rd. That's pretty damn impressive.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
9/20/13 1:48 p.m.
hobiercr wrote:

I know I don't have the skill but I'm pretty sure I don't have the ego or the cahones or crash damage deductible to run SM.

FTFY

jg

Jerry
Jerry Dork
9/20/13 1:50 p.m.

Damn I can't wait to see the recorded SM race now. And hear Jim's comments at the next SCCA meeting. (Obviously I can sneak on for a second, but not watch an entire race...)

hobiercr
9/20/13 1:54 p.m.
Jerry wrote: Damn I can't wait to see the recorded SM race now. And hear Jim's comments at the next SCCA meeting. (Obviously I can sneak on for a second, but not watch an entire race...)

What is Jim's last name?

Duke
Duke PowerDork
9/20/13 1:55 p.m.
JG Pasterjak wrote: SM is exciting, but I think if I were the chief steward I'd black flag the race and tear some new corn chutes for the way they're flagrantly disregarding yellows. Some bad stuff is gonna happen if they don't rein that in. jg

Yeah, 5 cars in a bunch, flat out 2 wide through a semi-blind cresting corner, past a wrecked car AND a safety truck parked on course? Not cool.

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
9/20/13 2:00 p.m.

In reply to Duke:

I can't see that one going over well....

mazdeuce
mazdeuce SuperDork
9/20/13 2:02 p.m.

Not stopping the race to move that car was not a good call by whoever made it. Still, a fantastic race to watch. It was like an amateur european rallycross race, but on pavement.

Duke
Duke PowerDork
9/20/13 2:03 p.m.

They got away with it, physically. Not sure if it will survive the debriefing from the stewards, but I bet it will. If you watch the on-demand later, it was the next to last or maybe the white flag lap.

racerfink
racerfink SuperDork
9/20/13 2:08 p.m.

The STEWARDS are the one that made the call, KNOWING THAT IT WAS SPEC MIATA. The SOM is the idiot here.

Duke
Duke PowerDork
9/20/13 2:13 p.m.

They had a bunch of local yellows during the race that guys were just blowing by like the flaggers were in another county.

racerfink
racerfink SuperDork
9/20/13 2:33 p.m.

Racecar drivers always do that for local yellows. The stewards knew that car was sitting on the track, and they knew the safety truck would be on the track (in a very fast part of the track), and wanted a green flag finish more than they wanted the safety of their workers. Most other classes are spread out with less than 30 cars. SM had 70 cars, and always race in a big scrum. There's a reason they call it Wreck Miata, and have for several years.

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
9/20/13 2:37 p.m.

In reply to racerfink:

Spec Pinata sounds better.....

fasted58
fasted58 PowerDork
9/20/13 2:45 p.m.

That was a real fuster cluck... I'm very surprised SCCA actually let it go.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UberDork
9/20/13 2:48 p.m.

Did I just see a CTS-V in the AS grid?

mazdeuce
mazdeuce SuperDork
9/20/13 2:49 p.m.

Yup.

hobiercr
9/20/13 3:16 p.m.

A Sedan aka 4 wheel drift extravaganza!

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UberDork
9/20/13 3:17 p.m.

God those look like a friggin ball to drive!

hobiercr
9/20/13 3:21 p.m.
Cone_Junky
Cone_Junky Dork
9/20/13 3:32 p.m.

Having fun watching cuz I got nothing better to do at work

1 2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
X96sgojckvClwrTWk7Q8FPmdJfw2lhs9zrU4USrIjqwywJ5LzZH5dv2u7AEwGflk